Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Post count discrepancy? (Like half are missing?)

I know you guys are busy with the new format and putting out fires left and right from the outcome of that....however any clue as to why my post count went from just shy of 5000 (I was monitoring it because I was going to release a repaint of the 5000th Boeing 737 to coincide on my 5000th post).

As you can plainly see in the screenshot, I was at 4,967 a few days ago...and if you look just to the left below my avatar, I'm now just over 2000?   How on earth does that happen?  Has it happened to anyone else here?

58b97ba165cc5_fourmwin.thumb.jpg.a87b77257970a77bbac9f0b838b63853.jpg

You can also see I'm about to reach my FIFTEENTH year as a member at Avsim (I've been here since this website started).  Not sure if that means anything more than I'm old, but it also means that I've seen a lot of changes here.  With the exception of the hack, (where everybody's accounts were reset so a lot of us have actually been here much longer than 15 years), this one in my opinion has been the most disruptive, at least for me who had a pretty solid routine on how I monitored the forum activity.

Regardless of that (as I know change is always disruptive in the beginning), I'm at a total loss as to why my post count was altered suddenly (it did not even coincide with the change, but a few days later). 

Hope you guys can get it figured out and return my count to where it was. :smile::smile:

Thanks to all the forum and library volunteers for all they do to keep this website up and running. 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Huh. Thats interesting. I am not sure how or why its doing that. If the system is still backing up or processing the old system, its possible that it is still tallying the old posts.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

1 minute ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

its possible that it is still tallying the old posts.

Thanks for the info Brian.

Well when the word OLD is used...I qualify, hehe.   Not sure though Brian....why would it be accurate through the change, then a week later modify the post count?  I'm just curious as to whether it's happened to others as well...or am I just "special"? :laugh:

This is seriously impacting my TWA paint production timeline...I mean, I'm spending so much time creating posts and researching the issue that all I've been able to paint since last night is the "SKYLINER 747" logo. 

TWA03.thumb.jpg.cf762364209d5de6caf1f8e65486e749.jpg

I may have to push all paint projects back  6 months or so until we can find a resolution to this issue. :dry:

Completely kidding of course, and for those who don't know, Brian is probably waiting for this particular paint for some reason, hehe.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

16 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Completely kidding of course, and for those who don't know, Brian is probably waiting for this particular paint for some reason, hehe.

The particular reason is actually quite simple my friend. When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, it was always very exciting for me when I flew through airports such as LAX and ORD to see all the DC-10's and 747's in so many colors. TWA, PanAm, the orange United Livery, Silver American, Delta Wedge, America West, Northwest Orient, Continental and  Eastern plus whatever international airlines were there. So I am a huge fan of the paint jobs in the late 70's and early to mid 80's. Back when plane spotting was fun and was filled with such a wide variety of planes that had character...thats the particular reason my friend :)

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

The particular reason is actually quite simple my friend. When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, it was always very exciting for me when I flew through airports such as LAX and ORD to see all the DC-10's and 747's in so many colors. TWA, PanAm, the orange United Livery, Silver American, Delta Wedge, America West, Northwest Orient, Continental and  Eastern plus whatever international airlines were there. So I am a huge fan of the paint jobs in the late 70's and early to mid 80's. Back when plane spotting was fun and was filled with such a wide variety of planes that had character...thats the particular reason my friend :)

I know Brian, I was just having fun with you. I too am actually a big fan of the classic liveries, in fact I really prefer the really "old" TWA livery commonly referred to as the "The Twin Globes"..because it is the 1st airliner livery I can recollect seeing at an airport when I was a very young tyke (on a 707 as it were).  I remember throwing a fit because I wanted to go on the airplane that had the "machine gun" on its tail (the pitot tube on the vertical stab on the 707, at age 3 or 4 I was not fluent in aircraft part identification yet ROFL)...I was boarding a DC-8 next to the 707 and this was back before jet bridges were popular so we were boarding using a truck with air stairs. It was around 1965...anyway we were climbing the stairs of the ladder truck so we were in the elements...the sounds, smells of aviation, left a big impact and it was easy to see the 707 next to us and I wanted to fly on that one, LOL

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I know Brian, I was just having fun with you. I too am actually a big fan of the classic liveries, in fact I really prefer the really "old" TWA livery commonly referred to as the "The Twin Globes"..because it is the 1st airliner livery I can recollect seeing at an airport when I was a very young tyke (on a 707 as it were).  I remember throwing a fit because I wanted to go on the airplane that had the "machine gun" on its tail (the pitot tube on the vertical stab on the 707, at age 3 or 4 I was not fluent in aircraft part identification yet ROFL)...I was boarding a DC-8 next to the 707 and this was back before jet bridges were popular so we were boarding using a truck with air stairs. It was around 1965...anyway we were climbing the stairs of the ladder truck so we were in the elements...the sounds, smells of aviation, left a big impact and it was easy to see the 707 next to us and I wanted to fly on that one, LOL

I do also remember the 'Twin Globes" but for some reason I always preferred the 'Flying Tylenol'. When I was young here in Tucson, we didnt even have jetways, so we always had to walk to the planes. I am totally with you on the smell of jet fuel. I worked for Northwest Airlines in at MSP for a long time, and the smell always makes me nostalgic. 

Modern planes dont have the elegance and excitement that I used to have. The 707's (American), 737's (Western, USAir, Frontier) 727's (American, United, PSA, Hughes Airwest "Top Banana in the West" DC-9's (PSA, Hughes, Republic, Continental, Eastern) that used to come here always were great to watch. Then flying into large airports and just waiting at the gate to see what I would get to fly next as it was always a mystery back then. Its a shame that things are not the same. The new generation doesnt know what they were missing IMHO.

Brian A. Neuman

I worked for Northwest Airlines in at MSP for a long time, and the smell always makes me nostalgic.

Wow....quite the coincidence...I literally just landed this beauty in Tampa, then going to fly her up to MSP.

NWA01.thumb.jpg.8ed127b48a497ede316a4d2c7ed6372a.jpg

4 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

Modern planes dont have the elegance and excitement that I used to have. The 707's (American), 737's (Western, USAir, Frontier) 727's (American, United, PSA, Hughes Airwest "Top Banana in the West" DC-9's (PSA, Hughes, Republic, Continental, Eastern) that used to come here always were great to watch. Then flying into large airports and just waiting at the gate to see what I would get to fly next as it was always a mystery back then. Its a shame that things are not the same. The new generation doesnt know what they were missing IMHO.

For sure!  We were truly in the "golden age" of aviation...and my last flight where I knew that was a fading concept was an Eastern DC-9 from Orlando to Detroit.  It was a morning flight, and even in coach, we had a full breakfast (Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, OJ, etc) with actual china and METAL silverware! :emu_melk:    Flights soon after that were nothing but a bag of 4 to 5 peanuts or pretzels and a small plastic cup of soda...we have come a long way, in the worng direction since then. :sad:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Certainly a sad state that we are in now aviation wise.

Brian A. Neuman

23 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

Certainly a sad state that we are in now aviation wise.

Hey now, I fly in that sad state!

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

37 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Yes, its your fault Brian T!, you broke aviation! :angry:  Can you kindly put commercial aviation back to the way it was in the 60s and 70s?  Thank you.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

59 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Well, some of the planes you fly have that old elegance...so you are somewhat forgiven :)

Brian A. Neuman

It might have something to do with the forum still indexing and analyzing all the data from the upgrade.  We started with a fresh slate of the forum "core", and fed the core all of our post and member data since the beginning of time.  This has a lot to do with IPB sunsetting the old forum software, and the legacy version had obsolete coding.  Either way we split it, we either lost support and security updates, or we had to rebuild our base coding and upgrade.

The indexing is going to take some time, but as it continues, it will increase your post count.  Apparently the way it works (to not overwhelm the servers) is index when users click and view new pages on the site.  I'll see if there's anyway to speed that process up now that the heavy lifting processes are done.

On 3/3/2017 at 8:23 PM, Chase Kreznor said:

It might have something to do with the forum still indexing and analyzing all the data from the upgrade.  We started with a fresh slate of the forum "core", and fed the core all of our post and member data since the beginning of time.  This has a lot to do with IPB sunsetting the old forum software, and the legacy version had obsolete coding.  Either way we split it, we either lost support and security updates, or we had to rebuild our base coding and upgrade.

The indexing is going to take some time, but as it continues, it will increase your post count.  Apparently the way it works (to not overwhelm the servers) is index when users click and view new pages on the site.  I'll see if there's anyway to speed that process up now that the heavy lifting processes are done.

Thanks Chase.

So did this happen to everybody, just some, or just me?  I'm still baffled of the fact that it was correct after the update, then a few days later, bam...my post count cuts in half.  Thoughts on how that can happen?  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks Chase.

So did this happen to everybody, just some, or just me?  I'm still baffled of the fact that it was correct after the update, then a few days later, bam...my post count cuts in half.  Thoughts on how that can happen?  

Think my post count might have also gone down, so at the very least, it's not just you.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Mine are off by a thousand or so....

Eric