Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Preset Assignments - Keys or Buttons

First let me say this is only my third day since acquiring CP. Yes at first I had some real frustrating moments but thanks to this Forum and especially thanks to Keven with time it is looking and feeling real good.

So far I have only worked with two aircraft out of the many that I have.

First easiest setup was setting the various Camera Preset views that I wanted for On-Board and Outside - this part was fun.

Second setup took a lot longer - Control Assignment setups have now finally been finished. Took a lot of trial and errors and research to stay away from the preset buttons and keys in my default FSX. But that job is now behind me and thank goodness these settings are Global.

Third setup is where I could use a lot of help/advice from Keven or anyone who has this figured out. To Assign Keys or Buttons has not been started as I think this is going to be the most difficult.  Maybe I really don't understand this part as I am confused, here's why - It's like the Control Assignments setup except it seems to me that it could be a huge task to figure out what Keys or Buttons to Assign to a Preset Camera, and not conflict with default settings, as there are so many different Presets and combined with so many different aircraft, I am not quite sure where to start. HELP PLEASE!

Keven you and the team at FSFX are doing a marvelous job!

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

If you're using FSX there is a nice PDF containing keyboard commands here.  Also, here's one from Flight1 in Excel format.  

Both will let you quickly see what the defaults are, so they can be avoided.

As for P3D, sorry I can't be of any help.  

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I just made a quick tutorials on how to properly assign controls in ChasePlane

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks, the YouTube video by Keven was helpful

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020