Sign in to follow this  
TheBoom

VAS issues caused by camera views?

So just an update. Reverted to 376.33 and tested with the same flight. Unfortunately ezca crashed just before approach and I had to restart the sim so I can't tell if the VAS usage was better or not since it may have dumped memory due to the restart itself. 

I did notice something odd though. With the older drivers my blurries are back. Which happens to be the reason I stopped simming back then too. This are with exactly the same settings and addons and also the same flight. 

Something tells me the newer drivers optimized threading calls with the GPU at the cost of VAS at least on my system. 

1 hour ago, sultanofswing said:

Post your in sim settings, Something tells me they are too high.

Pretty sure that's not the case. Default config yields the same results. 

To be honest I've been through the whole tweaking thing since 3.2 and it all made no difference.

Thought 3.4 might be different but proves otherwise. There seems to be just something with the engine and drivers that doesn't want to sit right with my system.

8 hours ago, TheBoom said:

I am thinking of that too but I feel like I may have to roll back quite a few addons for them to work properly? Cause some of them have been updated to work with P3D 3.4.

That a product is upgraded to work with 3.4 usually doesn't mean it won't also work with previous versions.

If a developer would brake backward compatibility with all previous versions I'm sure lots of users would be everything but happy since lots of users are still on earlier 3.x versions and some are still in 2.x.

Make a good backup of your system and give it a try and if it doesn't work simply restore your backup.

Richard Åsberg

On 3/9/2017 at 4:00 AM, kakusso said:

Limited VAS is making P3D unusable. GA planes and short distance flying seem to be the only option for now. LM please release the 64 bit version, and it should be free.

- I understand what you mean. Perhaps like me, you want to use the latest and the greatest; however, VAS is the limiting factor, now. True. However- and because of this- , we are now "forced" to reduce our settings to be able to accommodate that VAS limitation. 

- Making P3D a 64Bit software would be a daunting endeavor, as such it's impossible ,impossible to expect it for free. Heck even a little GA airplane now a days is payware. Can you imagine a 64Bit P3D? Yikes

So I made these two changes to the config and noticed the aircraft's exterior views stopped reloading textures every time I switched to it.

Dynamic Reflections=0 (off) [Previously 1)

UseGlobalTerrainView=False [Previously True] - This seems counter intuitive i know, since the setting was supposed to stop exactly that from happening, but I've no idea why it behaves this way too.

VAS usage is still high (3.7gb), possibly caused by something else still, but no OOMs before takeoff.

This is still on the older drivers. No leaks observed.

Also seem to have fixed blurries at least on the PMDG 737 after removing Affinity Mask = 245. Noticeably less smooth but at least the blurries are mostly gone. Seems like the Sim just needs to use all available threads to render the scenery properly on my system.