Confirmed VAS leaks in 378.78, Tested on a trans-pacific flight, OOM after 2 hours. Loaded the save flight, downgraded to 376.33, successfully crossed the pond without any issue.

System: 6700K OC 4.2, EVGA 1080 SC

Danny F

This is only going to get fixed if everyone demands lockeed martin and dovetail go directly to nvidia to tell them to fix it. nvidia never listens to just users if a driver isn't crashing. I am leaking vas too after trying to fly multiple legs even after autogen slider set to sparse.

36 minutes ago, louis88 said:

Can someone explain the process to downgrade to 376.33 from a current driver? Thanks

Yeah I want to as well.

spacer.png

The recommended nVidia  procedure is to use the "roll back to an earlier driver" option in the Windows control panel Device Manager  applet. If the older driver is not accessible via a roll back then I recommend  using the Display Driver Uninstalller (DDU):

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Just uninstalling a driver like 378.xx and then reinstalling an older driver can lead to a mess. Besides, Windows  often will reinstall the newest driver on the next reboot  anyway often making things even worse.

Also after installing a video driver, delete all the files in the P3d shader cache and the  sim will rebuild  them.

Is this not complicated in Windows 10 by the fact that Windows update tries to make sure that you have at least 378.53 installed? See

I had driver updates disabled but still got 376.53 which, fortunately for me, seems to work fine on my system. I suspect that many people with Windows 10 who think they have an earlier driver also have had this installed without even realising it.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The recommended nVidia  procedure is to use the "roll back to an earlier driver" option in the Windows control panel Device Manager  applet. If the older driver is not accessible via a roll back then I recommend  using the Display Driver Uninstalller (DDU):

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Just uninstalling a driver like 378.xx and then reinstalling an older driver can lead to a mess. Besides, Windows  often will reinstall the newest driver on the next reboot  anyway often making things even worse.

Also after installing a video driver, delete all the files in the P3d shader cache and the  sim will rebuild  them.

Thanks! Currently trying a KPHL-KSFO filght with 376.33 drivers.

You have to keep installing 376.33 because Windows Update wants to install 376.53. So far .53 is okay and not leaking vas for me. I forgot about the downgrade after running windows update and it forced .53 to install. 2 days flying in fsx steam with no vas leaks that I see yet. All the drivers since .53 have been big vas leaks hope this gets fixed eventually.

Ezdok said only 2.4gb of simulator memory usage when I got an OOM. Using 376.53 drivers.Is that the memory leak issue? Will roll back to 376.33 and just not run windows update.

I am very happy, 376.33 is perfect for me. fsx: steam. hyperthreading off. stable vas even after multiple legs each airport has addon scenery and I have not gone over 2.5gb total vas usage! The drivers microsoft tries to force through the update, .53 has a vas leak. .33 and before is perfect.