Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Installed it and had some sound issues with faded sounds. After reinstallation of the realtek sound drivers everything was fine.

1 hour ago, spirit_66 said:

Installed it and had some sound issues with faded sounds. After reinstallation of the realtek sound drivers everything was fine.

Always do a custom install and then only install graphic drivers if you do a express you get sound driver etc, sounds pardon the pun that might have been your problem.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Always do a custom install and then only install graphic drivers if you do a express you get sound driver etc, sounds pardon the pun that might have been your problem.

I always do a clean install using DDU, so that's not the point.

I have a flight that I do frequently EGLL-LOWI-EGLL PMDG 737NGX, tried all drivers (376.33 to the latest) and found the following,

1- I get OOM warning 30-40min inflight using driver higher than 376.33/53 (I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit insider build 15048, it enforces driver update to 376.53 that I didn't find at nVidia website, but it works like 376.33 with no issues).

2- with driver 376.53 I can make it back to EGLL with no issues.

3- Activating Windows Game mode under any driver will cause P3D to crash after about 20min inflight, I did not isolate running programs that work with P3D (AS16, PSXseeconTraffic, EZdoc.. etc) to find out what causes the crash.

4- Performance is good, around 25-28 FPS at busy airports and about 55 FPS during cruise (my P3D settings are moderate) to avoid constant OOM over Europe. I have a very bad pauses/stutters during AI PSXseeconTraffic loading, it disappears after I turn away from busy traffic airports, EGLL in this case.

8 minutes ago, spirit_66 said:

I always do a clean install using DDU, so that's not the point.

Yer thats the perfect way, thought you might have installed the nvidia sound driver as anyone would get with express install.

So it's odd how they screwed you realtek sound drivers up. I stopped using Realtek as I always seemed to have trouble with them.

Thats a great  PC you have there Jim, Enjoy :biggrin:

Thanks David.  Love the fact it can be automatically overclocked to 5GHz w/complete stability.  Really hasn't improved my use of FSX/P3D and the addons though.  Maybe a couple of FPS better.  I even have FSX/P3D and addons installed on the two Samsung M2's! 

2 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Really hasn't improved my use of FSX/P3D and the addons though.  

Thanks ! very usefull to say that ! my wife will apreciate ;)