Sign in to follow this  
shlomiAB

Hard stutters in my P3D v3.4

Mike, looked at part of your video. When your are taxiing, I noticed you have quite some stutters. Not smooth at all

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

23 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

Hi,

About the anti-virus. The point is not only to scan your PC for possible virus and spy but also to exclude your sim folders from being scanned while your sim is running. Locate this setting in your anti-virus or security protection to exclude your sim folders.

Mike

You mean to scan my sim folder while the simulator running and I in flight ?

20 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

My sim is as smooth as silk 99% of the time, I run on an AMD CPU with the NVidia GTX780 and 16 gig RAM. I have, uninstalled Windows defender, uninstalled NVidia Experience, I don't use an anti virus ( and never have), I make sure the Water setting never goes above medium. I also use PTA. And, I never get any Ooms ever. Oh, and I always use the latest NV drivers.Don't believe me just watch.

I don't have FPS problem and I fine with the setting.

The big problem is the stutters, you think also it can be a virus in my sim folder even if I deleted all my simulator and installed all the addons again?

Thank you all of you for trying help me.

19 hours ago, shlomiAB said:

You mean to scan my sim folder while the simulator running and I in flight?

No.  You want to go into your anti-virus settings and EXCLUDE all your P3D related folders....P3D, scenery, etc...everything P3D uses.

Windows defender does the same thing...if you have that running, do the same thing.

The reason you want to exclude is most antivirus programs do something called "real time scanning", meaning every time your computer accesses a file, it is scanned by the antivirus.  This will slow loading times and thus bottleneck P3D.

Google how to exclude with your antivirus and do it to all folders used by P3D and see if it helps

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

How do you permanently remove Defender? I shut it off but it comes back on after awhile. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I don't know about removing defender and that's probably not a good idea but you can disable it via local group policy which accomplishes the same effect and enables you to revert if necessary.  Doing it via GP will make it stay gone.  Google disable defender group policy.  

In addition to excluding AV from your sim drive, I would also disable it all together while you're siming, you don't want it scanning anywhere while you're simning and it's not like you're going to get a virus while simming.  Most AV's have a quick way to turn them off temporarily, that's all you need to do. 

While AV is a primary culprit, there's other apps that may be keeping themselves busy, it helps to know what you have running in the background and limiting that to insure you system is focused on the sim.  You can use task manager to take a look and make sure nothings running that doesn't need to be.  These days there's a lot of apps that include update services and insert them into your task scheduler or even add a service.  I generally disable those and manage updates on my schedule.  

I'd also try tessellation to ultra if you have a good GPU and setting an affinity mask to only use 4-5 cores, the P3D guide has recommended AM's to try.

3 hours ago, netshadoe said:

No.  You want to go into your anti-virus settings and EXCLUDE all your P3D related folders....P3D, scenery, etc...everything P3D uses.

Windows defender does the same thing...if you have that running, do the same thing.

The reason you want to exclude is most antivirus programs do something called "real time scanning", meaning every time your computer accesses a file, it is scanned by the antivirus.  This will slow loading times and thus bottleneck P3D.

Google how to exclude with your antivirus and do it to all folders used by P3D and see if it helps

I saw how to do this in YouTube.

After I added the main P3D folder, what is next ?

Start the sim?

10 hours ago, shlomiAB said:

I saw how to do this in YouTube.

After I added the main P3D folder, what is next ?

Start the sim?

Yes.  You've excluded the folder, so they shouldn't be scanned at all.  Try P3D again, see if the stutters have gone or reduced.

Like "AoA" posted above, other windows processes in the background may also be a culprit.  There are hundreds of posts about stuttering here and many other places that can help you try to isolate why.  There is no magic bullet...lots of different factors and lots of different setups make one stuttering on one system completely different than another.  There are only the "obvious" ones we can help you with...the not so obvious one, you will have to dig for yourself if the obvious ones aren't the problem.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

11 hours ago, netshadoe said:

Yes.  You've excluded the folder, so they shouldn't be scanned at all.  Try P3D again, see if the stutters have gone or reduced.

Like "AoA" posted above, other windows processes in the background may also be a culprit.  There are hundreds of posts about stuttering here and many other places that can help you try to isolate why.  There is no magic bullet...lots of different factors and lots of different setups make one stuttering on one system completely different than another.  There are only the "obvious" ones we can help you with...the not so obvious one, you will have to dig for yourself if the obvious ones aren't the problem.

I uninstalled my nod 32 anti virus and disabled windows defender 

Same problem of stutters.. FPS ok.

I heard that it can be related to nvidia drivers 378.78 version.. maybe they have some issues. you think this is can be the cause? 

Also you told me to look at task manager when the sim is running the check what is running in my computer?

Video drivers can be the culprit...the only way to know on your system is to try it.  What a driver does on my system won't do the same thing on yours.

Do you use AI traffic?  Texture loading can also cause stutters...be it textures from AI aircraft, airports, and other scenery.  The speed of your drive will dictate this along with the size of textures used.

I use an SSD drive on mine, and have a slight pause at times when large or lots of textures are being loaded, such as getting in range of a large airport with lots of AI.  There isn't much you can do about that kind of stutter...it's the nature of the beast.

Another thing you can try is limiting your FPS to about 30, turn of your VSync if it's on and see how that works.  Limiting your frames allows the CPU to "keep up" to put it unscientifically...basically you give the CPU more time the render the scene instead of pumping out FPS.  It's worth a try.

As for your task manager stuff, I can't advise you what is what.  Each system is different.  Like I said, doing some digging on Google will help you.  See what programs in task manager is using the CPU, google it, and see what that program is and what it does.

Also, try searching this forum (AVSIM) and Google about Procmon...a nifty little program that may give you a clue what is happening in the background during your stutters.  It's pretty advanced, but Google can help a lot.

Finding stutters can be frustrating, but the only way you can find out why is to test, test and test.  

Disable/enable programs, turn things on/off, slide things up/down, etc.  Just keep trying things.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

On 11/03/2017 at 2:25 AM, shlomiAB said:

What can i do about it? I tried everything and nothing solve it.
I can't fly like this, also I made a try and I reinstalled p3d without addons only PMDG and scenery I got same problem (without FTX and REX)
Thank you

Are you using a 4K monitor or multiple monitors?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.