Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Freeware LorbyLiveTraffic is available

Thanks got it working, but I only have two models but lots of traffic. I only see the Acclaim small aircraft and the World Travels blue and white.airliner models.

I don't understand how or if this program uses my downloaded WOAI aircraft that has  many more models than the displayed two I do see.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello Paul,

this is an indication that

1. Either the mapping to the WOAI database has been corrupted. Did you clean out the files that I mentioned above? I your case, especially this file has to be deleted:

C:\Users\<you>\Documents\LorbyLiveTraffic Files\LorbyLiveTraffic_Aircraft_DB_WOAI.xml

2. or ADS-B Exchange is not sending the correct data or no data at all. On the main page, is the column with the aircraft models filled with data that makes sense? Do you get at least a few lines of airport information in the middle columns?

One other thing: in your case, the logo on the lower left has to read "World of AI". If it doesn't, please go to the database configuration page, select the WOAI radio button and then just close the page.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1. Yes I cleaned all out.

2. Yes the main page fills up will all different airlines.

3. Logo reads WOAI

Sent you my error file.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello Paul,

the airline colum is actually irrelevant - the "Type" must be correct. And if there is no airport information at all, that would be an indication that ADS-B Ex is not answering.

Right this moment I am running a session with WOAI at EDDM. There aren't many aircraft around, and unfortunately quite a few GA (which LLTX is not equipped to recognize), but a few there are - and they are matched correctly to the WOAI models. I am currently watching DLH459, an A340-600, approaching the airport.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Yes I tried that airport and got 30 Acclaims GA and 29 or so World Travels airliners but only those two models, no other. Sent you my error log.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Can you explain the difference between this program and PSXseecon. For those of us who have paid for the traffic data used by PSXseecon can this program take advantage if that data?

its interesting that PSXseecon claims VATSIM AI and their rw AI cannot coexist but your program they can.  Strange. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hello Mark,

hard to tell for me, as I don't really know how PSXseecon works. From what I have read the main differences are:

- I think that PSX slews the aircraft on pre calculated paths. LLTX does not do that, the AI aircraft are still AI, flying on their own terms. LLTX just tells them where to fly. This results in much lower SimConnect traffic, so there is not too much danger of SimConnect flooding. And I personally prefer the way that simulator controlled AI flies. If you decide to run other AI alongside it, that is up to you - as long as your simulator can take it. The big problem with this approach is, that they are as stupid as any AI - they will happily crash into each other, into mountains, into you - and land next to the runway.

- PSX processes scenery data to make accurate landings and ground traffic an option. LLTX does not do that. This again was a personal choice of mine. I feel that the online data is not good enough to really use it for ground based AI traffic, and it is lacking a most crucial part - it is invisible to ATC. So I decided not to invest that much effort (LLTX was done in 4 weeks total) - for a freeware application at that - which is not what I normally do. 

Could I take advantage of PSX data? Sure. LLTX can be adapted to any data source, this app was a proof-of-concept for me to find out what could be done with online data in general. I actually made 4 different clients for different datasources, inlcuding PlaneFinder and FlightAware. PSX - it would have to be determined if this is legally possible, and I would need the specs of the interface to PSXseecon.

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI