zuckerkandl

Scenery library problem p3d v3.4

Recommended Posts

Hi,I cannot Add scenery to p3d v3.4. I have ftx addons working but  none of them visible in scenery library. Only scenery/world exist in the first line.

I completly uninstalled p3d but nothing changed

please help

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The entries should be added automatically after installing the FTX scenery.  You should not be able to manually add the scenery. It is not a problem of P3Dv3.

Open up FTX Central 3.

Jim

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks jim.I have allready installed ftx via ftx central and it works perfectly.but i cannot find any entry on scenery library. Also I cannot add scenery manually using scenery library

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if this is a permissions issue, try right clicking on your Prepar3d.exe file and under compatibility set run this program as an Administrator.  Also open the scenery.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3  with a text editor and see if there's entries there.  You might also want to look for backups to that file in the directory as well if it's blank and rename the most recent. 

Share this post


Link to post

I agree, this might as well be that. Since you have P3D quite new, as in just reinstalled it, do that again, but this time right click on the installer, and run as administrator.

Prior to installation though, might be a good idea to delete (rename) following folders:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

And make sure you are install P3D somewhere else but Program Files (eg. C:\P3D, or another drive).

Share this post


Link to post

Solutions that ı tried before

-complete uninstall(program files,program data,local/roaming,documents folder included)

- installing as administrator

-checked scenery Cfg: totally normal and installed addons exist there

-making exe file run as admin,dpi scaling, inhertence settings😀

- installing p3d to d: , directly c: or c:/locheed martin

nothing works

addit pro app is only working solution 🤓

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, zuckerkandl said:

scener library is looking like this

If that is what your scenery.cfg looks like, then your config has been corrupted somehow which is literally impossible.  It is impossible to load P3D with just the scenery/world entry.  You won't even get any locations to chose from when you get to the setup screen (if you get to the setup screen).  So, if you are getting this one entry when you start up P3D and go to the Scenery Library, then P3D is corrupted as it is not linking your scenery.cfg to the Scenery Library entry in P3D.  I have never heard of this happening and, to me, it is literally impossible.  Perhaps your anti-virus program (if you have one) scanned your P3D during the installation or whenever you started it up and did not allow an .xml file to be executed to load things properly.  You should check the Quarantine folder of your anti-virus program to see if any file or folder was quarantined.

The scenery.cfg is in a hidden folder - c:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3.  You need to confirm the working scenery.cfg exists in this folder.  If the scenery.cfg exists, double-click on it and verify all of the entries are there.  If it just has the world/scenery entry, then rename it or delete it, restart P3D and the scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.

You state this problem exists ONLY after you install FTX Central and all of your FTX Central scenery.  One of the things FTX Central does is load elevation .bgl's in the scenery\world\scenery folder but see no reason why it would wipe out your original scenery.cfg and replace it with just scenery/world/scenery entry.  So, if all else is correct as I indicated above, then I think you have a problem with FTX Central.  I had a problem with FTX Central when I had both FSX and P3D installed but it never wiped out my scenery.cfg.  I really do not see how it is possible for FTX Central 3 (that's the version you should have installed) to wipe out anyone's scenery.cfg.  You will have to completely uninstall all of your FTX/Orbx scenery as that appears to be the culprit.  You will then have to reinstall FTX Central 3 with Admin Privileges then download and install all of your scenery.  In this case, it is not P3D at fault but FTX/Orbx and you should go to our FTX/Orbx Forum or go to the FTX website and seek support.  They have a P3D Forum there too.

58 minutes ago, zuckerkandl said:

- making exe file run as admin,dpi scaling, inhertence settings

You should never ever change the compatibility settings.  Never.  As I show in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 11, you should only change the setting at the bottom of the compatibility tab to change settings for ALL USERS and not just you.

1 hour ago, zuckerkandl said:

- installing p3d to d: , directly c: or c:/locheed martin

This is extremely confusing.  You installed P3D to Drive D?  What's "directly C: or C:/Lockheed Martin"?  Do you have multiple installations?

Make sure User Access Controls are disabled and your anti-virus program has been exempted to scan the P3Dv3 folder.

You stated you uninstalled P3D and then reinstalled P3D.  This really is not needed and I would not recommend you do this again unless you plan on installing P3Dv3 to another Drive such as D:\P3Dv3.

Lastly, I recommend you use the Scenery Config Editor for adding/removing scenery - see page 27, AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature).

Best regards,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post

Hello

I can Replicate this Issue (Empty Scenery Library) By removing this complete Entry from the Top of my scenery.cfg 

[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

 

Do you have this Entry at the Top of your scenery.cfg ?  All 4 lines ?  

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 ► scenery.cfg

 

Share this post


Link to post

thanks jim .

29 minutes ago, Jim Young said:
1 hour ago, zuckerkandl said:

- installing p3d to d: , directly c: or c:/locheed martin

This is extremely confusing.  You installed P3D to Drive D?  What's "directly C: or C:/Lockheed Martin"?  Do you have multiple installations?

No ı dont have multiple installation . I tried to install different location to solve this problem.

 

32 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The scenery.cfg is in a hidden folder - c:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3.  You need to confirm the working scenery.cfg exists in this folder.  If the scenery.cfg exists, double-click on it and verify all of the entries are there.  If it just has the world/scenery entry, then rename it or delete it, restart P3D and the scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.

 

my scenery.cfg is normal and working perfectly.I can see the installed addon scenery in .cfg file

36 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Perhaps your anti-virus program (if you have one) scanned your P3D during the installation or whenever you started it up and did not allow an .xml file to be executed to load things properly.  You should check the Quarantine folder of your anti-virus program to see if any file or folder was quarantined.

I m using  windows defender and added expectation to p3d folder

 

only problem is when I open the world=>scenery library it looks blank. so ı click cancel.otherwise clicking OK make  p3d crash

 

sorry for my english. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Elaine Dixon said:

 

Hello

I can Replicate this Issue (Empty Scenery Library) By removing this complete Entry from the Top of my scenery.cfg 


[General]
Title=Prepar3D Scenery
Description=Prepar3D Scenery Areas Data
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

 

Do you have this Entry at the Top of your scenery.cfg ?  All 4 lines ?  

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 ► scenery.cfg

 

 

 

Yes I have all four lines.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, zuckerkandl said:

only problem is when I open the world=>scenery library it looks blank. so ı click cancel.otherwise clicking OK make  p3d crash

When you open the Scenery Library, it sounds like you are clicking on Add and then going to the Scenery/World/Scenery/.  There is nothing there.  It is already listed in the Scenery.cfg and adding it again could cause problems.  So you should cancel out of that and you should then see all of your scenery.  FTX/Orbx stuff is listed when you first open the Scenery Library (after P3D has loaded).  In the image you posted above, just click on Cancel at the bottom.  That should take you back to the Library.

Best regards,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
On 21.03.2017 at 3:07 PM, Jim Young said:

In the image you posted above, just click on Cancel at the bottom.  That should take you back to the Library.

Hi again jim

Clicking cancel taking me back to game not library 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now