Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

will there be a helicopter?

Hello everybody,

Really love afs2 and oculus rift. Super stable and the best graphics in any flight game/sim. Just enjoy flying and looking around instead of flightplanning and endless playing with complex flightsystems. A helicopter would be absolutely amazing for afs2! Will there be one in the near future? Would love to pay for one btw.

Yours

Jozeff

Thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There have been various discussions, and it's been mentioned that that there is an at least partially complete helicopter already done. Aerofly RC simulator has many copters, so it's clear Ipacs is capable of it. It's just a matter of when.

There is also an interview with the developers done by a copter-centric forum, and some future possibilities were discussed. https://www.helisimmer.com/interview/interview-aerofly-fs2-developer-tosten-hans/

I'm hoping we'll see one soon. I'm curious to try helis in AeroFly. Also curious to see what people think about flying helis with VR and if it helps.

Aerofly has an issue in that it doesn't have autogen and so it can be bare in some areas. Hopefully Orbx and others can work to alleviate that, but in the meantime, there might not be enough low level detail to support helicopter flying. For instance, if a helicopter were to become available, I would very much want them to do detailed heliports in their currently covered areas or it would seem a waste to me.

New York area heliports would be very nice.

Of course, I stink with helicopters, but I crash them very well.