Sign in to follow this  
alex98

FMS "Direct To" too brutal

1 hour ago, skelsey said:

An A320 is not a Boeing :wink:.

In real life, the two aircraft have very different autoflight gains etc and these are recreated pretty faithfully in both products, it would appear.

I do know that. :cool: It was just some observations I have done. Both are very good in their own way. Love them both.

Nothing to complain about them. I just Fly them both (or all 4, 737, 777, 747Q2 and FSLab A320, AS version is a joke compared to FSLabs) and are very very  happy with them. :biggrin:
I do have Majestics Q400 but not installed yet after moving to FSX:SE, also great work.

Can someone hack together a B320 :huh: best of the two worlds

Edited by PerWel
Joke

Per W Sweden

Just out of curiosity,

when in LNAV and HDG SEL if IAS is <Vref30+90, auto-bank limit = 15°, if flaps are Up or GW higher than 309t. From Vref30+90 to +100 there should be  a gradual 15° to 25° transition.

José Monteiro

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

19 hours ago, Bluestar said:

This is what ATC expects when a turn is given to an aircraft

Depends...  ATC is not going to time your heading changes, they just want to to start the change in heading not long after they give you the vector.  At higher speeds such as cruise you may see half standard rate turns up to 25 deg bank.  The check pilot sitting behind you will have different expectations from ATC.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

Depends...  ATC is not going to time your heading changes, they just want to to start the change in heading not long after they give you the vector.  At higher speeds such as cruise you may see half standard rate turns up to 25 deg bank.  The check pilot sitting behind you will have different expectations from ATC.

ATC has given thousands of vectors and has a very good feel for rate of turn and airspeed.  Not turning like ATC expects or flying assigned airspeeds (they can tell) is a very good way to get turned out of the sequence and a vector for last.  :smile:

Once my aircraft exceeds a TAS of 250  my angle of bank will be 25 degrees.  ATC knows that and expects that.  As for check rides, I've had lots of them and occasionally I'm getting a check ride while I'm giving a check ride. :smile:.

Grace and Peace, Dan.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam