Sign in to follow this  
metalmike

Constant aileron rocking back and forth

Fresh install of FSX:SE on a new PC, using ActiveSky 2016. This his happened with both the FSL A320 and the NGX (I haven't flown any other of my aircraft yet). I'm constantly getting a subtle left and right bank, even if I turn off Active Sky and clear all the weather. Can't seem to pinpoint what might be causing it because, like I said, it continues even with the weather completely cleared.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yaw damper off? Without that, you might get a bit of dutch roll, especially on the 737 and the A320, which both have a considerable wing sweep which accentuates the dutch roll problem, it would be worse on the A320 since it has more sweep than the 737.

Check to see if you have system failures enabled, that might be making the yaw dampers fail.

So you can be sure.. The yaw damper is controlled by the B hydraulic system on the Boeing 737 NG. You should be able to see on the yaw damper indicator gauge if it is working

Bit more fancy on the A320; it's controlled by the ELAC which calculates yaw damping and sends the commands to the FAC computers. When the autopilot is engaged, both FAC computers receive commands from the FMGS for rudder trimming and yaw control.

Turned out to be Ezdok v2's effects processor settings. Just had to turn all the "turbulence" settings in EZCAv2 off.

Aaah, glad you got it sorted. Ezdok strikes again eh? That's why I uninstalled Ezdok, I spent two days trying to figure out why my Shorts S360 had no VC only to eventually find it was Ezdok which had caused that, so I uninstalled it lol.