Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

A2A Skylane, EZDOK, GTN750, WX Advantage

I want to be able to display GTN750 and/or WX Advantage Weather with a key stroke.

My problem if I have EZDOK displaying my pilot position. I have to go to Vehicle Instrument panel then select the gauge. When I change views and come back to the Pilot view the gauges are gone and I have to go through the same routine to get them back. I don't mine redisplaying the gauges again. But I would prefer a separate keystroke to redisplay the gauge.

Does anyone have a idea on how I can do this.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

I don't use EZDOK so I assume it is interfering with the normal SHIFT+ operation of the windows. Without EZDOK you could assign a popup window in the panel and use shift+x to display it.

Other than that, you might try the EZDOK forum.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Taking EZDOK out of the equation. I want to be able to display GTN750 and/or WX Advantage Weather with a key stroke. But I don't know how to assign a keystroke to display the GTN750 and/or the WX Advantage Weather gauges.

Would FSUIPC allow this? IE. shift g display GTN750 and shift w display WX Advantage Weather. 

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Bill,

You can display these gauges thru the standard FS command of SHIFT + (1) thru SHIFT + (9), where 1 thru 9 corresponds with the  WINDOW number (PLUS ONE) of the assigned  gauge in your panel configuration file.   In other words if the GTN750 is assigned as WINDOW 5 in your panel config, you can display the GTN 750  by pressing SHIFT + 6,

WAT1460.png

vcarlo,

Thanks for your reply.

After looking at the panel.cfg. I found this.

[Window Titles]
Window00 = Main panel
Window01 = Clipboard
Window02 = Mini controls
Window03 = Payload and fuel manager
Window04 = Map
Window05 = Quick radios
Window06 = Maintenance hangar
Window07 = Pre-flight inspection
Window08 = AFK
Window09 = none2
Window10 = dbg
Window11 = none3
Window12 = none4
Window13 = gps295
Window14 = gns400
Window15 = Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U1 - DO NOT MODIFY
Window16 = Flight1 GTN Stack - DO NOT MODIFY
Window17 = WX Advantage Radar

Any idea on how to setup a keystroke for displaying GTN750, GTN Stack, and WX Advantage Radar. With this panel.cfg?

Thanks.

Bill McCracken

Unless you're comfortable editing config files, I would not recommend you doing anything.  Since you are flying the A2A Skylane, I would recommend you take this issue to their forum.  Your Window 15 and 17 can be swapped with two of the Windows 2 thru 8, to accomplish your desired goal, but this procedure can cause many problems if not done EXACTLY correct.

Alternatively, contact me via PM in the forum and I am willing to assist :biggrin:

WAT1460.png

vcarlo,

After I posted yesterday I did what you have suggested above. I rearranged the windows. Backed up original before hand. I started with the GTN750. So far it's working. Today I will try WX Advantage Radar. Once you mentioned the panel.cfg. That gave me the idea to move things around. Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know how things go.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation... well done !  :cool:

WAT1460.png