Hi,

I started a flight today and all of a sudden I couldn't hear my F/O.  He would still respond to my commands and prompts by actioning the appropriate items for that checklist but I couldn't hear him.

I completed an audio test and I couldn't hear that test either.  

Any solutions or ideas why his voice suddenly cut out? 

Thanks.

Lucas Gozzard.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try this:

Problem: The FO's volume is jumpy.

Solution:

Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound -> Communications.  Select "Do Nothing" when Windows detects communications activity and click apply.

Communications.JPG

Wow would never have thought of that. I'll give that a try and let you know if it happens again. Thanks!

Lucas Gozzard.

Hi Bryan, I am a long time user and fan of many of the FS2crew products, and they have all given me a trouble free experience.  Unfortunately, I have started having this issue as well.   First Officer will carry upon the required tasks, but I get no aural feedback from him.  Sometimes the sound will kick in during some tasks, but 90% of the time the FO is silent.   I have tried numerous workarounds, including the suggestions listed in this and other threads, and I have uninstalled and clean reinstalled twice so far, to no avail.   This issue is a real head scratcher for me.   Could it have been a windows update?

When did it start happening?

It could be a driver issue (maybe associated with the Creator's update)?

Maybe your speaker connection is loose?  Check that.

If using a USB headset, try a different port.  Be sure to retrain your voice.

Code doesn't really break down like a car, so something changed on your system somewhere.

Best,