strange_deja_vu

Bizzare situation with PMDG 737NGX - P3D is not working

Hi all,

I have made a deep investigation on the web  butcome up with  no trace about a situation similar to mine. Briefly;

I've decided to shift to P3Dv3 from FSX after having spent so much time on whether this is the right decision or not. However, during my very initial set up process after a clean install (full formatting) I encountered an issue. I bought PMDG 737 NGX from precisionmanuals (on top of my current fsx one) and installed it into P3Dv3. First , in the VC nothing was working, only darkness and engine sounds. Ten, I have installed the simconnects (x3) which is written in the manual. Then P3Dv3 disappeared. Please see below pics. It seems like as if it is loading but all of a sudden the P3Dv3 screen disappears. It is nowhere!  neither on desktop nor on taskbar... More weird thing is the system says that it is running. (pls see below)

Frankly, I don't think that anybody else out of us encountered such kind of problem but in case , hoping a friend can help me.. :)

Thnaks in advance for your support,

Cheers , Hakan 

http://IMG_0676-10-04-17-05-501674.jpeg

http://IMG_0677-10-04-17-05-481649.jpeg

http://IMG_0678-10-04-17-05-491650.jpeg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Hakan,

I had a similar problem with the new PMDG 747 recently and I sincerely hope that you don't have the same issue. I opened a ticket with PMDG and they tried their best to help me solving it, but in the end I had to reinstall Windows 10 (yes, the entire operating system). Here is what I did to analyze the problem:

1) Make sure that P3D launches with the startup screen and does not jump right into a flight. If you cannot start P3D right now I would suggest to uninstall the 737 first.

2) Select other planes and see if P3D works properly

3) Launch a flight with the 737. If P3D won't start again, uninstall all Simconnect modules.

4) If the 737 then works again, but nothing in the cockpit works, you may have the same problem as I did. There was something in my Simconnect modules that didn't work well with the 747.

After reinstalling Win 10 I only installed a single Simconnect module and everything worked well. I don't what it was, it could be a faulty registry entry or a problem with having FSX and P3D and FSX-SE running side-by-side. On my new system I only have P3D installed.

Peter

12 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

FSX and P3D and FSX-SE running side-by-side.

This is why.

The reason you have to install the various SimConnects is that P3D does not install them. FSX would install them if you had it (which you do), so you're actually set without them, technically. All the same, to be on the safe side, we have everyone run them to be sure they're there.

Peter hi,

First of all thank you very much for your prompt reply! However, apart from this I feel really bad when I read your experience. Unfortunately, all the data indicates that I have the same problem with you. Anyway, I will certainly follow your instructions and will let you know about the the outcome a.s.a.p.

Thanks once again,

Br,

Hakan

I change the default airplane, so it is not a PMDG plane that load when I start P3D.

/Jack Lorange

Dear Friends,

I have re-installed PMDG 737NGX, re-installed FSUIPC and make the default flight Carenado. Now it works.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,

Hakan

@Kyle:

Yes, it could have been the P3D+FSX+FSX-SE configuration. Before reinstalling Windows (which was a suggestion by PMDG support and did help) I had all Simconnect modules installed. I even experimented with installing only one at a time, but to no avail.

@David:

I had the FSUIPC issues as well, but they were gone after I removed all axes assignments from FSUIPC, just like it is recommended in the PMDG 747 user guide. The problems with Simconnect only started about 2-4 weeks after I bought the 747. I cannot recall the details, but it may have been after an update of the plane, P3D, or the Nvidia driver.

@Hakan:

Great to hear you got it working again!

Peter