Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Cessna 441 GPS Airspace Message

45 minutes ago, ThomasAH said:

How do you turn on the Flysimware GPS?

Try right-click on the Power On button to rotate it clockwise. Or use the mouse wheel (I have to rotate mine left. You will probably have some up/down thingy, I assume you have to turn it up)

Thank you very, much Thomas.
I feel very silly, but that was exactly my mistake: I tried to switch the Power switch ON by clicking on it with the left mouse button, as I normally do with all the GNS gauges (default, payware and Flight1), but this does not work to work with the default Flysimware GNS 530. I finally succeeded having the GPS working by rotating the mouse wheel. 
I will try to move a step forward now by implementing the Flight1 GNS 530 in lieu of it.

Thank you very much for your hint. Happy Easter to you and the community.

9 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

I will not start another topic, as my issue is also related to GPS, although it is not exactly the same as reported by the OP.

So here is what. Yesterday I bought the Flysimware Cessna 441. In general, I am very impressed, only problem is: I can't get the GNS 530 working in any way. All systems appear to work fine, including the Rex/Milviz WX radar, the GTN750 versions work as expected, however for some reason I never succeed having the GNS 530 gauge working in the GNS versions. Starting from Cold&Dark and switching the Avionics bus switches ON does not change a thing: all systems switch ON fine except the GNS 530. The gauge does not work either in 2D or in 3D.
I tried to replace the original GPS cab file with the one provided on the developer's page (also linked here), but the result is the same. No luck at all.

Finally, as my ultimate goal is replacing the default Flysimware GNS530 with the Flight1 GNS 530, I tried to tweak the panel.cfg accordingly. I finally had the GPS gauge working, but only in 2D. In 3D I never have the screen switching ON by pressing the appropriate button on the VC panel.

This is very strange. As nobody apparently reported this issue before, I am pretty sure I am making some silly mistake. Can anybody point me into the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

Very simple reason nobody has reported this issue. Your just not turning on the GNS 530 correctly.

Our user manual and help page on our main website talks about how to power on the GNS  530.

All knobs on this unit use the mouse wheel to tune and left click to press. The power knob also has brightness control. So this cool feature tricks many users that it does not work.

Just mouse wheel up and once past the boot screen you can control the brightness as well.

Oh i just noticed someone replied with an answer already!:blink:

25 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Very simple reason nobody has reported this issue. Your just not turning on the GNS 530 correctly.

Our user manual and help page on our main website talks about how to power on the GNS  530.

All knobs on this unit use the mouse wheel to tune and left click to press. The power knob also has brightness control. So this cool feature tricks many users that it does not work.

Just mouse wheel up and once past the boot screen you can control the brightness as well.

Oh i just noticed someone replied with an answer already!:blink:

Yes, @ThomasAH already helped me solve the issue. It was definitely me who was trying to turn the power knob incorrectly. Scrolling with the mouse wheel I can now have the GPS switching on normally.

On a different note: any chance you to implement Flight1 and/or Reality XP GNS 530 as option in a future patch, if any? I am trying to implement it myself by replacing the default GNS 530, however the result in the VC is not yet satisfactory.

Thanks anyway for your reply. I am really enjoying the Conquest II so far.