Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Imaginesim KATL macro stutter

Approach on KATL involves three complete stop in action for approximately 5 seconds each.  I have a system that handles all other 3rd party airports with fluidity and great FPS.   I have disabled some of the goodies on this airport and nothing changes.  I am flying PMDG NGS and have excellent FPS on approach even in the evening.  I understand that it is a large area but I have other large airports and cities.  I have seen videos of smooth landings at this airport.

Just wondering if others have this problem and if they were able to solve it.

Thanks for any impute and responses.

Nothing like that here - it's not the greatest performer, but you're seeing a dramatic difference compared to your other paywares. Have you tried different approaches/aircraft?  Do you have the latest patches installed from their web site?

Hans Soule

I updated it sometime back but will check again.  It even stalls on climb outs about 3 minutes into the flight.  I can't figure it out. 

I get the normal momentary pause going into Imaginsim KATL that I get at all the large payware locations, but it is typically only 2-3 sec which still seems like a long time when hand flying and having to suspend until the simulator returns.  My theory is that this is caused by the loading of scenery objects (things you see in 3D that are not autogen or scenery), and the problem is not system performance but old code written for single thread implementation.

Dan Downs KCRP

I downloaded the lite texture and tried it with both PMDG NGX and Aerosoft  A319.   Still got the pro-longed hesitation both on climb out and landing.  Typically at near 10 miles or 10,000 ft. on climb outs. The first climb out pause was 18 seconds.  I usually get three on landing that last about 8 seconds.  The last is about 2500 feet.   I have tried everything I can think of to fix it.  I have KLAX, KJFK, Orbx KSAN and never have these issues.  Once KMSP is released KATL will be unchecked.  It is too bad because I like the airport and the surrounding area. 

I have this payware airport as well and fly into often with payware aircraft like PMDG and Aerosoft. I don't encounter any stutters or pauses while it loads. Generally when I am flying a downwind leg I'll look out at the airport and see portions of it loading but the sim continues on without any hesitation.

My system is not really high end, just a i7 3770k w/ GTX 960 4GB graphics card, and Samsung SSD. My sliders are pretty aggressive for my build, many of them are full right or one or two notches from it. I do have all of my flight sim software installed in a folder on the root of C: to avoid 'admin' and file permission issues. Also I have configured my anti-virus to avoid scanning any files in that folder and below while also avoiding scanning any EXE files that run from it.