Emmanuel Pacamalan

No Longer Opens (Something About SlimDX.dll)

After a recent windows update, Chaseplane no longer opens, I have fired up the sim and all my usual add-ons and it seems like only chaseplane was affected by my recent windows update.

The log indicates
Could not load file or assembly 'SlimDX.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found

Troubleshooting I have done so far:
I have uninstalled and re-installed chaseplane, nothing
I have uninstalled both chaseplane and vfx-central and then re-installed both, still nothing.
I have attempted to manually install the slimdx runtime by downloading the standalone installer (from https://slimdx.org/) and halfway through the installation it throws an error "an account already exists"

And oh, A little more detail,
The initial crash prompt says the usual "it looks like something unexpected occured.........A log file.......Please send it to *****@******.com......."
after that a second prompt says "To prevent you from being stuck in an infinite loop of death, we reverted Chaseplane back to the stable channel, To enable Alpha 1.5 again, toggle Experimental Versions in preferences."  
the failsafe precaution is appreciated but it doesn't work and is pointless because I can't toggle experimental versions because chaseplane would not even generate its window and open at all, I am stuck inside this infinite loop of death that it tries to prevent. 

I have already forwarded the log and sent an email to the support channel but I'm hoping to get faster answers here.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

[UPDATE] After rougly 2-hours of troubleshooting, the fix was actually simple.

When I went to https://slimdx.org/ to download the standalone runtime installer I downloaded the 64-bit version because my OS is 64-bit, that's what I was thinking but apparently because chaseplane is 32-bit you have to download the 32-bit runtime installer instead of the 64-bit. That fixed it.

[case closed]