William Antunes

Sidewinder 2

I've done everything. I've read everything. I saw a lot of videos in YouTube about the subject, but it's impossible to make the Sidewinder 2 joystick works with PMDG 737 and 777. I purchased the airplanes but I can not fly becouse it's just impossible to use autopilot. Just a shake and it turn off. A detail, no problem with iFly 737, 747 and others airplanes. Some one has passed for this? Any help is fine? It's boring and desappointing.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's not need to touch the joystick if the A/P is engaged, is there?

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

In the CDU simulation options make sure the controller can't override the AP. That way joystick movement won't disengage the AP. Same option is available in 737 and 777. 

I will try the CDU simulation options, kevinh, then I'll give feed back if it worked or not. Thanks folks. William

I use the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, and yes, I too get AP disconnects but that is only because I have not centred it correctly. But once I'm at CL I can use the hat switch to pan around the VC as well as opt for external views

Hello! Thanks. I tryed everything and nothing. I notice that when I start the FEX-SE,  the joystick simply gets slack and lost the forces. It does not occur with P3D for example. Maybe some one have a tweak to fix this bug. William Ferreira