Sign in to follow this  
Dumont

Bgl files in simulators 32 or 64 bit compatibility

Quite curious.
In reference to FSW that should arrive shortly, the imcompatibility of dll and other 32 bit files has been mentioned, because FSW is 64bit.
Well, are bgl files also specific for 32 or 64 bit?
Considering that FSW have a folder structure and behavior similar to simulators based on FSX code, is there any possibility of using common scenarios between them?
I ask this thinking about jobs produced in ADE.
Thank you

João Alfredo

Edited by Dumont
Title correction
  • Upvote 1

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

The BGL format has been revised over time, but to date, it's always been backwards compatible for at least one major sim iteration (for example FSX/P3d V1 to  P3d V2). The same is more or less true for formats like MDL and AIR. Then, one should also consider that BGL can be converted to a text version, XML, except for compressed BGL files like CVX BGLs. So, even if some flight sim developer messes with the BGL format, the new version should eventually have enough public documentation such that a upward conversion from the XML to the new BGL format should be possible.

I have some minor adjustments in airports, some non existent in FSX, I create in ADE, amateur jobs but in the end I have an airport to take off and land.
I do not know if DTG, at the moment, thought of upgrading, in my view X-Plane today has the most coverage.
Thank you all.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Hi,

I noticed that FSW uses a new binary format for the .bgl files. Some .bgl files still have the old format, but others have a format that I cannot decode. The same goes for the aircraft .mdl files: some are old, some are new.

thanks,

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg