Sign in to follow this  

Initial VAS Amount

The documentation suggests that the 747 v3 uses about 800mb of VAS.

Using FSUIPC's VAS counter, I can load up a default flight using either the Trike or Cessna as an example and make a note of the VAS counter. This is using a default airport, say KLAX, no add on scenery enhancement.

If I then load up the PMDG 747, the VAS counter shows that it is using approx 12-1500mb of VAS, well in excess of the 800mb expected.

Just wondering if anyone else was having similar higher than expected VAS?

19 minutes ago, junkyspam7 said:

The documentation suggests that the 747 v3 uses about 800mb of VAS.

Using FSUIPC's VAS counter, I can load up a default flight using either the Trike or Cessna as an example and make a note of the VAS counter. This is using a default airport, say KLAX, no add on scenery enhancement.

If I then load up the PMDG 747, the VAS counter shows that it is using approx 12-1500mb of VAS, well in excess of the 800mb expected.

Just wondering if anyone else was having similar higher than expected VAS?

yeah, when i did similar testing a few months ago i was showing about 1200mb, about 300 more than the 737/777

here's the numbers i had:  (aircraft/delta VAS from trike)

trike        0
aerosoftbeaver    98
jahn c-47    466
maj q400    530
a2a connie    551
milviz bobcat    804
fslabs concorde    829
pmdg 737    861
pmdg 777    872
pmdg 747    1161

cheers,-andy crosby

Very interesting research, Andy, as I wondered why I got two VAS shutdowns just sat at the gate. Mind you I was using a Fly Tampa airport, so maybe that hiked up the VAS?

Out of interest, where exactly is that VAS counter in FSUIPC(registered)?

6 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Very interesting research, Andy, as I wondered why I got two VAS shutdowns just sat at the gate. Mind you I was using a Fly Tampa airport, so maybe that hiked up the VAS?

yeah, vas heavy addon airport, add some ftx vector and the 747 combination is just very close to the limit... livin on the edge!!!

i had similar issues at the default KSFO with orbx region, was getting oom while doing preflight at the gate. i can load and takeoff successfully at that location with the 747 by setting scenery density to normal and autogen to sparse, it doesn't look that pretty (it is basically turning off most of the orbx buildings when you drop the complexity slider) but it doesn't crash in this case .. :)

i think the service vehicles (and/or gsx vehicles) add another 1-200mb so i avoid using those, when at spots where i'm already close to the limit with the 747. 

cheers,-andy crosby

Hi Andy

And I was not even using any ORBX regions even though I was using FT's Sydney. I only managed to get off after doing two Saves, and re-boots, yet using add-on airports other than FlyTampa(not FT St.Maarten though), I have no VAS issues whatsoever.

That's bad, default KSFO, yet I was okay with the Flightbeam version there, and used the GSX services.

Thanks for the replies guys, its interesting to see I'm not the only one where the VAS numbers don't stack up and 800Mb seems optimistic.

In comparing 747 v3 to VAS on 777,  747 v3 uses 500mb of VAS more  than PMDG 777

Ray Vlasek

Ray Vlasek