Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

NumLock key and some Advanced Options

In the Advanced Options there's NumLock key. What is its functionality? Is it like Del key, but unlike Del key to disable recognition it's a toggle type? Recognition On/Off.

What is No focus on click?

What is Strict Checklist?

What is Talks a lot

What is Keep Mech on Push

Ticked box Interface AES must be good for GSX as well, is it not?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Can I change the NumLock key to some other key?

Can I remove the red text with "All MCE speech recognition has been suspended" or somehow shorten the time of the red message? The crossed mic on the bar is enough.

More responsiveness - what is it for? I've listened to the ? help, but still don't get its functionality. Responsiveness - is it just better recognition or something else?

Thanks,

49 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Can I change the NumLock key to some other key?

Can I remove the red text with "All MCE speech recognition has been suspended" or somehow shorten the time of the red message? The crossed mic on the bar is enough.

More responsiveness - what is it for? I've listened to the ? help, but still don't get its functionality. Responsiveness - is it just better recognition or something else?

Thanks,

It's not possible to assign another key.

The text stays on screen for a long time in order to make sure user is aware all reco is suspended. Otherwise may start thinking something is gone wrong.

I guess it would be possible to make the duration optional.

With "More responsiveness" option ticked, MCE which runs as "mce.exe" and runs the entire speech engine in the same process, will set process priority to "High" instead of "Above normal".

Note that this doesn't mean it will be using more CPU power. It's just that the MCE and more importantly, the speech engine threads will be more responsive.

Many years ago, when people could barely afford a dual core CPU, it made a difference. These days with Quad cores as the norm, I don't think you'll notice any difference.

I'm flying P3Dv3.3.5 with FSL A320X, GSX and RC4/PF3. I'd like MCE to handle only 3 things for me:

15 minutes ago, FS++ said:

With "More responsiveness" option ticked, MCE which runs as "mce.exe" and runs the entire speech engine in the same process, will set process priority to "High" instead of "Above normal".

Very interesting, all good settings. Also, what are

What is Talks a lot

What is Keep Mech on Push (yes, I understand it relates to AES/GSX)

Many thanks,

Dirk.

I'm flying P3Dv3.3.5 with FSL A320X, GSX and RC4/PF3. I'd like MCE to handle only 3 things for me:

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

What is Talks a lot

What is Exclusive access to Recognizer?

Many thanks,

Dirk.

26 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

When MCE UI is sitting on top of FSX or P3D, with that option enabled, you'll never take focus out of the sim when interacting with the MCE UI.

Doesn't apply when option "No state check" is enabled. For normal checklist flow, having this option ticked will get FO to attempt to set item as per checklist after first failed reply.

What is Talks a lot

Relates to randomized prompts to confirm something. Instead of "Do you mind to confirm heading" (or other verbose variations), you'd get "confirm heading", when FO is less chatty

Affirm. Relates to GSX or AES. When option enabled and GSX or AES mechanic takes over for push (at which point MCE mechanic normally automatically says good bye), He'd remain with you until you release him.

What is Exclusive access to Recognizer?

For special cases where say you're running another voice reco based application which can only run in "shared mode" (very rare these days). In that mode, MCE would share the speech engine with the other app and Windows, and you'd get the speech bar. Under that scenario, the speech engine will run as a separate process.

Always leave option ticked. That way, speech engine loads inside "mce.exe", and you won't have Windows trying to interpret "start engine one" as "start Notepad" or other gremlins going on.

Many thanks,

Dirk.

Very interesting to see these MCE.ini items explained. It would be very useful for future reference if all the ini file entries (where they are not set by the UI, were explained in a document, as I don't believe it exists at present in the provided documentation.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373