Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch v2.4.6 released

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the official v2.4.6 release!

Just go to 'Plugin | Reality XP GTN | GTN # | Check for updates...'

List of changes (since v2.4.5):

• Changed AlwaysOn option to PowerSource.
  • 2 Additional datarefs for the master device: DTK and XTK
  • 2 New RealityXP.GTN.ini file settings
  • Using xSquawkBox SDK to drive RX/TX flags (unsupported for now)
  • Corrects bug when rebooting the device.
  • Corrects bug with overridden DTK and BRG dataref values.
  • Corrects bug with HSI needle not rotating to DTK during POST.
  • Further performance and stability enhancement.

Additional notes (v2.4.6):

The first time you run the new version, the 'AlwaysOn' option gets converted to the new 'PowerSource' option, which now offers: Always On, Avionics Bus and Battery Bus.

The 2 new datarefs from the master device are (DTK and XTK respectively):

RXP/radios/indicators/gps_course_degtm
RXP/radios/indicators/gps_cross_track_nm

The 2 new settings are 'locked' and 'LogTrainer' and are explained p15 of the User's Manual. The later is in case of 'trainer crashing' or similar issues. The former is for third party vendors needing to ensure some settings are not altered.

The xSquawkBox integration for the RX and the TX flags is preliminary and not supported at this time. This means it has been untested and we expect your feedback to further improve this integration!

The bugs were more less severe. The first one is a severe one and has been there for a long time unnoticed. It caused the device internals to update at 4hz after a reboot (power cycles off/on, changes in settings requiring a reboot etc...) instead of its nominal update rate.

The second bug was a typical magvar error, the third one was a wrong logic to drive the HSI.

Download link for both e-commerce installers

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

RXP I installed version 2.4.6 but I still have the distorted looking screens with white areas.  It looks like I may not run on my system.  Any other suggestions?

You sir, are a GENIUS !!!   The system now pulls up the map and it seems to be working.   I'll try a little cross country this weekend and shoot a few approaches.   No idea what the correction was but what ever it was - it worked !!

THANKS !!!!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, HWDALE said:

Any other suggestions?

Let's try this: suppose you are trying out with the GTN 750 unit #1 and the C172, open the C172 aircraft folder, then locate the RealityXP.GTN.ini file and open it with notepad. Then scroll until you read [GTN_750_1]. Like explained in the User's Manual, this marks the beginning of the section which includes all the settings for this device. The right below this section header, add the following lines:

[GTN_750_1]

DebugValue = 3

LogTrainer = 1

Then save the file, close notepad, start X-Plane with your C172, and let it run.

This should log additional information into the "my documents\rxpGnsSim.dll.log" file.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

10 hours ago, GDixon said:

No idea what the correction was but what ever it was - it worked !!

Too numerous to list! I'm glad it is now working on your system and we are making progress forward!

I am getting good at installing as each time I have to re-install GNS 430, GNS 530, GTN 650 and GTN 750.

Battery option works great but still have the old problem when powering OFF the GTN's the last screen stays and does not go black.

The GNS,s work great with power OFF the screen goes black as they should.

13 minutes ago, bluebell2 said:

The GNS,s work great with power OFF the screen goes black as they should.

This one issue is puzzling me, really. Especially this specific code piece when the device powers off is very similar for both GNS and GTN. I mean the sequence of code, what is done, how it is done, and where is done is nearly identical. I highly suspect something at the driver level, because this is what is different between the two, although we cannot reproduce this problem either. I'd be glad if anyone else could confirm it is happening, or not, on their systems as well.

Jean-Luc this is all that was output.

17/05/12 16:38:36.617 04400 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.6.0
17/05/12 16:39:44.983 12464 INFO ] gfx debug output enabled.

I've just re-upload the installers with bug corrected and working '_2' commands.

To be on the safe side, and to ensure no files are locked before re-installation, you might want to first manually delete the following files:

• rxpGTN plugin folder
  • "C:\ProgramData\RealityXP\rxpGtnSim32.dll"
  • "C:\ProgramData\RealityXP\rxpGtnSim64.dll"

Then you just have to reinstall over.

NB: they are re-released with the same version number v2.4.6

On May 11, 2017 at 6:18 PM, HWDALE said:

but I still have the distorted looking screens with white areas.  It looks like I may not run on my system.  Any other suggestions?

Please try out the re-uploaded v2.4.6 as it contains additional code to try circumvent this issue.

If it still fails, then please try with this other DebugValue setting (see above my post for reference):

DebugValue = 5

This setting will activate video card driver debugging, as well as an alternate rendering method.

Please note we've spent the last day looking exclusively for this graphical problem and the ATI drivers seem very likely to be the culprit there. There are many places where they recommend installing drivers v16.2.2 to solve similar issues. Otherwise, there is a thread about "Second Life" with a graphical bug and ATI cards not solved until a year and a half after: https://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-16829

It seems the latest Radeon Crimson Relive 17.3.1 drivers released on 3/6/2017 are solving their graphical problem.

Jean-Luc I downloaded your update, deleted the files and changed the debug value but still no change in the 750 and the same output as above in the log file.  Really a mystery.

11 hours ago, HWDALE said:

Really a mystery.

What drivers have you installed, and can you try older 16.2.x driver for example?

Looking at the release notes of the 16.2 driver, you can ready the following issues, which lead me to really think there is a driver issue (highlighted items):

• A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
  • Star Wars™: Battlefront - Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission
  • XCOM 2 - Flickering textures may be experienced at various game locations

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD_Radeon_Software_Crimson_Edition_16.2.aspx

I have a Nvidia 960m card.  I'm confused does an AMD driver work with it?

Hello Jean Luc, I've just tested RX/TX flags for Vatsim and It's working great. The only issue I have (but maybe it works like that in the real GTN unit) is when I set a frequency in my GTN2 (COM2) and when someone speak on that frequency the RX Flags appear ont the GTN1. Also do you have any idea when the crossfill option will be available ?

Best Regards,

1 hour ago, andreav said:

I've just tested RX/TX flags for Vatsim

This was like a 'hidden gem' because honestly there was no way for us to try out but to rely on interpreting the SDK. I'm glad it is working. Unfortunately for now, we only get notified of RX/TX state, and it is assumed (per the xSquawkBox SDK) it is COM1 only. If someone can chime in and let us know what to look for in the SDK to know which frequency is the active one for RX/TX, it will be easier for us to match this against each GTN active COM and display only on the right units as well!