Sign in to follow this  
RCHeliguy

Engine start

Good morning all,

I've just purchased this and I am embarrassed to say I can not manually start this 310R.  Using Ctrl E works like a champ.  When up and running, I've even pulled the mixture down to shut off the engines.  Then I put it back up and click the starters for each engine and nothing.  I am even at 200ft above sea level when I try this so I know my mixture is not too rich.  Props will turn over but not ignite.  Any suggestions? 

Ben

Hi Ben,

Concur - I can't get it to start either... Tickets ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

confirmed :(

starter torque is too low.

change it from 0.2 to 0.3 in the aircraft.cfg file. (Interestingly 0.3 is there in the cfg file but commented out)

[piston_engine]
normalized_starter_torque= 0.3                 //Starter torque factor  

Are they doing any beta testing at all?  

....Are they doing any beta testing at all? 

I guess not!  I switched to this because the aircraft lighting bugs in the PA-23 Aztec (inside the cabin as well as outside) were driving me crazy. I know they are small but I want it right.  If this was freeware I wouldn't put too much stock in it. However, being payware products, they need to get this out to those us with the right attention to detail before they send it out to the masses.

Thanks for the fix to the aircraft.cfg!

Thanx for the info. Confirmed. Interestingly this depends if the engine is cold or has been just shut down.

Hi Folks,

I had tried .3 - but it seem .4 is what's needed - I'll switch to .4  as well...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

4 hours ago, RobertBernardK said:

RC what issues with the lights int and ext on the aztec do you have???  

The taxi light when switched on will put a footprint on the ground, but the light itself doesnt illuminate until the landing lights are switched on.

The cabin lights remain on at all times. They need a switch that should be separate from the red dome light for the pilot/co-pilot station.