Sign in to follow this  
rat7

NAVAIDs problem

Is there anybody else that notice that the VOR in Canada are not represented correctly in X-Plane 11.

In Canada most VOR are good for 130nm (in real life), but in X-Plane 11, they are only, if you are lucky, for 40nnm.

I have the latest NAVDATA Pro from Aerosoft, but it is still not showing more than 40nm, in X-Plane 10 they are all correct with the 130nm

Sounds to me like there is an issue on your end.  I've read up on this forum and at the Org and this is the first time I have seen a post like this, concerning VOR issues.  I've done quite a bit of flying in XP11 these days, flying tubeliners and GA aircraft, all with navdata, though through Navigraph, and it hasn't given me a lick of problems. There are equally enough Navigraph users as there are Navdata Pro users, but I haven't seen this issue before.  I would recommend starting with the navdata and once you know for sure that this aspect has been verified, then can I suggest you file a bug with LR, which is here: http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

I would ask again though, which aircraft are you flying, are you flying them both in 10 & 11, comparing the output and readouts, is the compatibility solid between the two versions, and do both have navdata installed properly?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

There's nothing wrong with his setup.  Unfortunately ranges in XP are literal service volumes.  In real life you'll get reception when you're aloft and further out.  I believe this is editable - but I'm not sure where.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

25 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Sounds to me like there is an issue on your end.  I've read up on this forum and at the Org and this is the first time I have seen a post like this, concerning VOR issues.  I've done quite a bit of flying in XP11 these days, flying tubeliners and GA aircraft, all with navdata, though through Navigraph, and it hasn't given me a lick of problems. There are equally enough Navigraph users as there are Navdata Pro users, but I haven't seen this issue before.  I would recommend starting with the navdata and once you know for sure that this aspect has been verified, then can I suggest you file a bug with LR, which is here: http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

I would ask again though, which aircraft are you flying, are you flying them both in 10 & 11, comparing the output and readouts, is the compatibility solid between the two versions, and do both have navdata installed properly?

The installation of the NAVADATA Pro, is automatic, for both X-Plane 10 and X-Plane11

And yes I fly all the planes in both X-Plane 10 and X-Plane 11