Sign in to follow this  
SamYeager

Pro Mission Editor?

2 hours ago, Torg Smith said:

Aimee or Cryss, it would be nice if you guys could create a short video of making a mission with the same version of the mission editor we have as an example of how to use it.

In the meantime, do a google search for FSXME (FSX Mission Editor) tutorials.

This might also be of help: http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FSXME/FSX Mission Editor.pdf

Barry Friedman

3 hours ago, Torg Smith said:

If you could make the mission start at a designated airport, takeoff and fly to a VOR then to a final airport.

This is a nice concept for a beginner mission. The mission tool has a wizard which can build a mission like the above given a flight plan (PLN) file. The only problem is that FSW's flight planner is too limited: It cannot add a proper VOR waypoint. To solve this it's necessary to edit the PLN file manually to add a VOR waypoint and to set altitudes (what I did was add a User waypoint as a placeholder and then edited the file).

I tried the above and it worked very nicely. One cool feature is that it generates voice prompts. I guess FSW has a built-in TTS engine, or maybe the mission tool does this? After generating the mission in the wizard, I hit Save and in FSW the mission appeared in the Hamburger category (probably there's a way to set the mission category or add a new one but I haven't figured that out yet).

Barry Friedman

5 hours ago, Torg Smith said:

If you could make the mission start at a designated airport, takeoff and fly to a VOR then to a final airport.

If, as I presume is the case, one can open up existing missions in the mission editor and look at how they are created, how various triggers and such are set etc (usually when a player enters a certain radius of a location on most mission editors), then there actually already is a mission in FSW with that exact scenario.

It is the Solo Cross Country Flight, which is lesson number 7 of the series of flying lessons set in the United States at Prescott Municipal Airport, in which you fly in the Piper PA-28 Cherokee 180. You start off at your home base airport and are given the required nav aid frequencies and comm frequencies, you then have to fly an intercept to a radial from the nav aid in order to get to another airport where you land to complete the lesson.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

23 hours ago, Torg Smith said:

Aimee or Cryss, it would be nice if you guys could create a short video of making a mission with the same version of the mission editor we have as an example of how to use it.

Funny you should make that request - we are planning a video which does just that :biggrin:

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

I created my first mission in FSW and flew it this morning. I have to say this tool is great and is worth the purchase price of FSW ($15 for me lol) all by itself. Nice job DTG! (and Jim Keir, the original author).

Barry Friedman