Sign in to follow this  
ranieri

737 and 777

Recommended Posts

How are you Guys, question that i have is , i  have all your product for year, and i just bought x-plane 11, will you guys make your airplane for xp-11?

im part of a group of 120 people, that all of us is your PMDG custumer , please let us know if we can begin dreaming..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 hours ago, ranieri said:

How are you Guys, question that i have is , i  have all your product for year, and i just bought x-plane 11, will you guys make your airplane for xp-11?

im part of a group of 120 people, that all of us is your PMDG custumer , please let us know if we can begin dreaming..

Sadly I do not think it will be wise to get your hopes up unless PMDG explicitly state that they are coming to XP-11. Honestly, with P3D v4 being 64 bit, I don't see PMDG seeing a need to spend all that time required to port over the current product line when they can continue to develop for the overwhelming majority of their customer base (FSX and P3D) and spend their time making new aircraft, rather than spending recourses porting over existing aircraft to a platform with a small fanbase and an even smaller group of developers making addons for it. RSR said in the X-Plane thread that the 747 is too complicated for X-Plane 11 to handle and porting it would require removing huge parts of the features that people would consider crucial to the simulation. With PMDG planning to roll back the 747 tech to the 777 and eventually the NGX, I personally think that they will just be too complicated for X-Plane to handle without requiring a complete recode for the platform. Just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it before and I'll say it again. It would be bonkers not to migrate/re-make for XP11 as its clearly going to be the future IMO (FS user since FS95). I may install v4 to blow out the cobwebs from time to time in the 737/777/747 but until they "might" get the XP11 treatment they will be sitting on my HDD gathering dust! Such a shame.

Regarding the whole "it's too complex for XP", I find that VERY hard to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. It would be bonkers not to migrate/re-make for XP11 as its clearly going to be the future IMO (FS user since FS95). I may install v4 to blow out the cobwebs from time to time in the 737/777/747 but until they "might" get the XP11 treatment they will be sitting on my HDD gathering dust! Such a shame.

Regarding the whole "it's too complex for XP", I find that VERY hard to believe.

I quote RSR over on a thread in the 747 section about the 747 making an appearance in XP-11 "Currently the platform cannot take this airplane in the level of detail we have created it, without us removing some pieces that our customers feel are pretty critical- and that we feel are critical to the product's success." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MajesticVladimir said:

I quote RSR over on a thread in the 747 section about the 747 making an appearance in XP-11 "Currently the platform cannot take this airplane in the level of detail we have created it, without us removing some pieces that our customers feel are pretty critical- and that we feel are critical to the product's success." 

I think this RSR qoute only is a issue mainly for the 747. As you can hear him talk regarding x-plane it sounds like it's plausible that we will see at least 737nxg for xp.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ranieri,

I think you need to wait.

Sorry, I don't want to be rude, but please read the pinned post, it has all information you want. You can't expect everything to change for your desires, it's not all about you.

They are developers, they are humans, they are not production machines.

So calm down, give them time. One day you will find what you want.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. It would be bonkers not to migrate/re-make for XP11 as its clearly going to be the future IMO (FS user since FS95). I may install v4 to blow out the cobwebs from time to time in the 737/777/747 but until they "might" get the XP11 treatment they will be sitting on my HDD gathering dust! Such a shame.

Regarding the whole "it's too complex for XP", I find that VERY hard to believe.

 

Hi David,

If you buy add-ons without flying and let them gather dust. I don't see the meaning of doing this.

That is your choice, good luck.

If you don't believe PMDG, try to find out by yourself. 

Cheers,

Gordon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this