Sign in to follow this  
stolowski

Database error with Aerosoft NavdataPro 1706

I've installed P2A 2.2.1.4 and updated navdata with NavDataPro cycle 1706. P2A refuses to open the database and shows the following error:

"Unable to initialize Database. The underlying provider failed to Open. Cannot open database: C:\PILOT2ATC_200\DATA\P2ADYNAMICDATA.MDF requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'DesktopPC\Paweł'.

Any ideas?

Small update. I thought that had something to do with the fact, that I've recently changed my account settings to regular user (not an admin). So I reverted that and made my user admin again, uninstalled P2A (and wiped  C:\PILOT2ATC to be sure), then reinstalled and updated navdata with NavDataPro. The problem persists.

This is a NavDataPro installation problem.  You should be able to delete the \P2ADYNAMICDATA_LOG.LDF log file and the database will build a new one and start working.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have the same problem.

I deleted the \P2ADYNAMICDATA_LOG.LDF file but the system does not rebuild a new one. 

I rebooted the PC to try and fix the problem but that did not work.

Any other ideas?

Best regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

You must either use the default data that comes with P2A, which is cycle 1701, or you must use cycle 1707 or newer if you are updating.

If you download the full install, it should work. 

Would need to know what version of the program and what AIRAC provider and what cycle of the data you are using.  Also would need a screenshot of the error message you're getting.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Deleted the \P2ADYNAMICDATA_LOG.LDF again.

Re-installed P2A.

On the re-install I got an error regarding the installation of the MDF file. I closed SQL and that allowed the installation to continue.

Got the same error when I tried to start P2A.

Here is a link to the image. Couldn't figure out how to insert it.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgbhDfh3cfVIsTQEKZhrv42_lUw3

Best regards

Rob

i9 7900x, Asus x299 Deluxe Prime, 3 x 1080ti, 32gb Ram, P3DV4.2, Prosim737, Immersive Display Pro, Pilot2ATC, AivlaSoft EFB

Rob,

Thanks for the screenshot and additional details.

Try installing the full program to a different directory or delete all the files in the Data folder before you do the full install.

The installer should install SQL LocalDB 2014 if you don't already have it installed.  If it is installed already, that step is skipped.  

Let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help and patience.

I uninstalled SQL and then installed V2.2.2.1 over the top of the existing version.

That fixed the problem.

Best regards

Rob

Same here, I try the demo version of p2a, I've tried all the solution in this post and nothing work.

I can only use the database provided with P2A which is different with the one I use in X-plane 

If you can use the data that comes with P2A then there is not a problem with the program.  If you update the AIRAC data, it must be updated to the latest version and done in both X-Plane and P2A.

If you don't update the AIRAC data, then it will be different in X-Plane and P2A as well as other add-ons that use AIRAC data.

Dave

I've update the airac data with navdata pro in both P2A and x-plane but I can't open P2A anymore i have the message: "Unable to initialize Database. The underlying provider failed to Open. Cannot open database: C:\PILOT2ATC_200\DATA\P2ADYNAMICDATA.MDF requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user...

Raf

Is the NavDataPro data AIRAC 1711r2?  That's the latest I believe.

Also, be sure that Pilot2ATC is not running when you update the database.

It's the 1711R. 1 Pilot2ATC was not running when I've done the instal.

I've tried to reinstall and update just after the install with the same result. And try to force SQL server to quit before the update... no more result...

The NavDataPro install is supposed to delete the P2ADynamicData_log.ldf file.  If it did not, try deleting that file and starting P2A again.