fsxkitty

VRAM Use?

Recommended Posts

I have a 2GB GPU, and FSW generally uses between 1.6 and 1.9GB.

I'm almost certain than the game actually needs more VRAM, and is just moving some of that data onto my hard drive or RAM because my VRAM isn't enough.

So, for those of you with 4GB+ GPUs, how much VRAM does FSW actually use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's using approx. 2.2GB of the 8GB in my GTX1070 sat on the ground at EGKA in the DA40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyUK said:

It's using approx. 2.2GB of the 8GB in my GTX1070 sat on the ground at EGKA in the DA40.

Settings maxed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not maxed but as below:

Graphics - Ultra

Aircraft - High

Scenery - User Defined. [Was High but I've upped the LOD Radius to 6.5000 and dropped Autogen Density to 3]

Weather - Mid High

Traffic - Low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Not maxed but as below:

Graphics - Ultra

Aircraft - High

Scenery - User Defined. [Was High but I've upped the LOD Radius to 6.5000 and dropped Autogen Density to 3]

Weather - Mid High

Traffic - Low

Why only mid-high on the weather? I thought a 1070 would be able to max it out without breaking a sweat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might well be able to, I've not settled on any settings yet.  Do you know what changes with the weather settings?  Cloud draw distance perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

It might well be able to, I've not settled on any settings yet.  Do you know what changes with the weather settings?  Cloud draw distance perhaps?

Not sure, but I believe it's mostly GPU-bound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Cherokee sat on runway 09 at Liverpool (EGGP) VAS is 7.6GB Weather theme is Spring and all sliders at ultra.

Given how well DTG reduced the VAS footprint in FSX-SE i was surprised to see such a large VAS usage. However there is a lot of scenery around Liverpool, a lot of it far in excess of what's there IRL

 

i5-2500K @4.4 (or 4.6) GTX1060 6GB RAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now