Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

P3D v4 pricing

So far, I've seen a lot of people assuming that v4, when it drops on Tuesday, will be going for the same price as previous iterations ($199 for a non-academic license). Over the past few days, though, I've been seeing a great deal of speculation that v4, being a major step forward, will be priced accordingly -- I've seen people predict that it will be priced at $400, $500, or even as high as $999. Has LM said anything so far to indicate what the price is going to be?

• Upvote 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Ignore the speculation.  There is a "game" of platform manipulation thru false information in the flight simulator community ... the larger or more dominant a platform the more some feel "threaten" and this will bring about streams of false information to confuse and sway users away from the platform (be it XP11, P3D, FSW, DCS, AF2, etc.).  This process has been around for decades and is not just limited to flight simulators, it seems to be ingrained in the human condition ... endless game of manipulation.

My suggestion is to wait 2 days (or so) for factual information to be available ... that information will come from LM's web site on May 30th.  Most Flight Simulators provide a refund policy if you are not happy with the product, in the case of P3D that's 60 Days.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, JDWalley said:

So far, I've seen a lot of people assuming that v4, when it drops on Tuesday, will be going for the same price as previous iterations ($199 for a non-academic license). Over the past few days, though, I've been seeing a great deal of speculation that v4, being a major step forward, will be priced accordingly -- I've seen people predict that it will be priced at $400, $500, or even as high as $999. Has LM said anything so far to indicate what the price is going to be?

It's better to wait for Tuesday. False info is like fire... it spreads very quickly and leaves no satisfaction.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Most Flight Simulators provide a refund policy if you are not happy with the product, in the case of P3D that's 60 Days.

Hmm.  Does that mean that the assertion that version 4 will come with a 90 day free trial is "fake news"?  I believe it was first mentioned by Jordan King.

• Upvote 1

Just wait 1 more day and you will know both price and refund period...

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

In one day we will know, but I would expect very similar pricing as in the past. Pricing the way the OP suggest would be "commercial suicide" in the context of the emerging "platform war"

• Upvote 1

There are two types of sources for information that is not correct. The most innocent, but still harmful, is the exuberant person who reads everything with little regard to the validity of the source. They compile this into their rumor and the story goes on. 

The other is the malicious person who may be a social misfit or someone seeking commercial gain. 

Both contribute to exaggeration. Both will disappear 24 hours after the V4 release. 

• Upvote 1

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The Op's question has been addressed

We will find out all Details tomorrow  (Tuesday  30th May) 

Topic locked 

• Upvote 1