GAJ52

RAM Question for P3D V4

As my old FSX computer is still 'steam driven', I thought it might be a good time to invest in a new computer before buying P3D V4.

The one I'm looking at has a i7-7700K @ 4.6GHz, 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Ram and a 1080Ti 11GB graphics card.  I know LM recommends 16GB of ram, but would I benefit from upgrading to 32GB or would that be a waste of money ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd go with 32GB. There are already reports of the basic sim using 7-8GB (VAS) and it won't take many add-ons to push it way higher. And remember, all the other stuff running along with P3D needs RAM also.....Doug

It is quite straightforward and easy to open up your computer case and add extra RAM blocks to your PC. Unless you are very reluctant to try that, I would recommend you start with 16 GB and see how it goes, and then decide later if you need to buy extra RAM for your system.

16gb should be enough for v4.  Since you're pricing a new build, and so won't be adding sticks yourself (with the attendant problems of matching specs and degraded performance from using all RAM slots), and if you want to future proof the new computer, then 32 gb isn't a terrible idea.