Sign in to follow this  
Joe W

Visualfx.dll Error

Hi,I'm so ready to toss FS2004 and get out of the hobby all-together. I have NEVER had so much GREEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF from software in my life!!!I just did a reinstall of FS2004 because I cannot get a flight to finish. I still get the same #### error.visualfx.dll errorI am unable to fly with PMDG's 737 aircraft. I still have to try LDS and see if I get the same thing.Anyone have a fix, or know whats going on?.

Guest SJDickson

Visualfx.dll errors are often caused by faulty or corrupt fx effects files. These may be associated with specific planes or add-on sceneries. First, determine whether the problem occurs only with a specific add-on plane or scenery. If it only occurs with a particular add-on, uninstall that add-on, double-check that the effects associated with it are deleted from the effects folder and see if the problem persists. If not, try reinstalling the package.If the problem occurs with a variety of add-ons, one of the default fx effects files may have been corrupted. Reinstall all effects files from the FS9 installation discs.

Reinstalling FS9 won't necessarily remove an add-on scenery folder.Could be a bad .fx file in one of your sceneries. Try a change of airfield to someplace a good 300+ nm distant...Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

A call for a FX file that is not there can cause this also. Look in the panel.cfg of that plane and see what FX files are called for and then check the effects folder and make sure that all are there.In short.... this pops up if a FX file can't load for some reason. A wrong name or one thats corrupt also causes this.Joe W.http://home.comcast.net/~raptor67/Joe_W/Joe_sig.jpg

Guest firehawk44

I did a search on AVSIM for visualfx.dll and found several reports of problems with this dll. One indiv discovered his son had overclocked his system and he removed the overclocking and the problem disappeared. You might wish to make a search too and review the threads to see if someone else had a problem related to yours.Jim