Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

SGSS vs nvidia DSR

Hi, 

Needsome advice and guidance.

My specs are in my signature. I get smooth 20fps.

I have 8 SGSS in NVI,  8x in Steve's Fixer on native 2560x1080 resolution powered by ASUS Strix GTX 970.

I keep reading I can enable DSR 1.5 and turn off AAin NVI and Steve's fixer and gt the same image.

Will it improve my fps ?.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

SGSS is an enormous hit on your medium end system, set it completely off in NVI, and that will give you better frames, don't know for Steve's fixer I don't use DX10

Herman

Worth reading this post:

My old system was almost identical to yours and I found that 4xSGSS worked well and didn't affect performance too much. The problem that I found when I tried DSR was that in-game menus and text popups get very small depending on the DSR setting and it does still give a performance hit. If you don't have a problem with shimmering (which is helped by SGSS), try FXAA - I find that the AA is good enough and there is almost no affect on performance using my GTX 970.

5 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Worth reading this post:

My old system was almost identical to yours and I found that 4xSGSS worked well and didn't affect performance too much. The problem that I found when I tried DSR was that in-game menus and text popups get very small depending on the DSR setting and it does still give a performance hit. If you don't have a problem with shimmering (which is helped by SGSS), try FXAA - I find that the AA is good enough and there is almost no affect on performance using my GTX 970.

Thanks mate

I will check the link and also FXAA.

I will be upgrading to I7 7700k end of this year, need something to get me thru till then.

I tried 4x SGSS and to me don't see much difference between 4 and 8 SGSS in my system, fps around 20 with occasional dips and very rare stutters.

So thought of the DSR option.