Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Side by side V3 and V4 screenshot - Dissappointed

Not sure how this thread turned into a sim war.... again.   P3DV4 is getting slammed in social media and what not for human shortfall. That is we always have the tenancy to look at outward appearances only. Everything has been always comparing what you see visually. Without getting all mushy about looking at the inward person, blah blah blah, dont judge a book by its cover, dont buy a car because it looks good, have a look under the hood.  It seems quite apparent to me that there has been alot done under the hood of prepar3d V4. Most of which we would never see or even understand. Just ask our devs about why they are so excited. But aside from just 64bit conversion, there are other things that dont automatically make V4 compatible from previous addons. They need some TLC because theres some significant changes. 

So pass it on to all the other people on social media slamming v4 because of what they see only on its outer surface. One of these days, LM will get fed up of all the whining and xxxxxing, and say thats enough from the hobby side. Fork over $500 plus all your credentials to use it , retro active to V3 verification. Then we would be stuck with FSX, and whatever FSW brings which is a few years away at least, and XP. It just got released. Lets get all the addons working, and tweak it to our liking the way v3 got introduced and 4 updates afterwards. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I don't get it (maybe yet) why would anyone bash P3Dv4. In my book it deserves every kind of appraisal.

Stable, didn't have a single problem with some addons that have been (officially!!) released, I didn't "port" anything. I have most of currently released ORBX, flying in regions a bit, and waiting for release of any bigger birds to take some commercial flights... very interested in how it will pan out.

While the look of the sim remained the same, and I was actually always quite happy with it, there are some improvements, including the biggest one, in way that it will take a long time until I'll have to worry about the memory. 32GB of RAM, and currently at 28%. And the lighting is also better, with shadows on the aircraft and way better HDR.

I actually kept most of my previous settings, except not using FFTF any more, as using 0.01 has a huge impact on texture loading. While in v3 texture loading when flying low with the Raptor was bad in any case, now with v4 texture loading keeps up if you have no FFTF. So I will see how it will perform with heavy birds, as that was the sole reason for FFTF.

Many people probably overlook the fact that P3D was not created and is not developed as an eye candy game for the general public to enjoy.   I don't believe LM cares what the general public consensus is about P3D.  They (LM) have a totally different mission/goal.  Therein lies the difference in further development.  Who cares that there are so many nay sayers out there in social media land trying to tear apart P3Dv4.  They have their right to free speech.  However, I take a stand when they come into the P3D forum and do so, with little to no consideration, no respect for where they are telling their tale.

Really, it is a shame that people will stoop so low.  It is so easy to hide behind a monitor and keyboard and blast away.  So many these days are self proclaimed subject matter experts because of the internet/world wide web.  I just don't get it.  Life is too short.  Flying a PMDG 737ngx/777 or 747 in P3D is just too much fun for me to see it their way. 

So sad they try to take everyone else down to their level.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg