aceridgey

Side by side V3 and V4 screenshot - Dissappointed

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

V4

Ba2bUsC.jpg

 

V3

Z1yZOk9.jpg

 

Both with ORBX Global LC etc, i just think the vegetation and textures/colours look better in the V3 picture?

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you have Vector in the V3 shot? Since it's not yet available in V4 it will probably make a difference...

Share this post


Link to post

To me the vegetation I've seen around, on my sim and on your shot of v4 looks weird. It looks way too bright green, different than I've seen in v3 and earlier.

Share this post


Link to post

No vector. 

 

I think it's due to the complex autogen being on. Looks better now 

Share this post


Link to post

Ahhh, thank you!! That was it. Now my scenery again looks good. That was just terrible.

Share this post


Link to post

Based on the screenshots, V3 seems to be autogen at Max or Very Dense but the autogen density is certainly much lower in V4. Not a fair comparison?

Share this post


Link to post

They both look a little stark? Get those shadows working on the buildings etc and get it looking a little more dynamic. V4 def lets you bump things up a little more for the same processing power....

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Based on the screenshots, V3 seems to be autogen at Max or Very Dense but the autogen density is certainly much lower in V4. Not a fair comparison?

Not sure where that came from as they're both on the same setting (V4 may be higher)

20 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

They both look a little stark? Get those shadows working on the buildings etc and get it looking a little more dynamic. V4 def lets you bump things up a little more for the same processing power....

Ok interesting.. Would you recommend Shadows receive on everything?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

No, not on everything, but shadows on sim objects and buildings, both cast and receive, is a good starting point. Those stark buildings jutting up can do with some love with a little shading to help them blend in with the surroundings to give a nicer overall look :)

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, aceridgey said:

Not sure where that came from as they're both on the same setting (V4 may be higher)

Ok interesting.. Would you recommend Shadows receive on everything?

 

 

Make sure when running FTX stuff to turn of dynamic 3d autogen ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

In the first shot you may be running speed trees. That's why it's chopping down the autogen and looks weird.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

No, not on everything, but shadows on sim objects and buildings, both cast and receive, is a good starting point. Those stark buildings jutting up can do with some love with a little shading to help them blend in with the surroundings to give a nicer overall look :)

Ok, looks better than the original with everything on, so i'll follow your suggestion and turn some off

16 minutes ago, awf said:

Make sure when running FTX stuff to turn of dynamic 3d autogen ;-)

That's exactly the setting which is causing the awful colouration and poor looking trees

Share this post


Link to post

V4 is 64bit and "no OOM".

That's all I need. Others will be improved as time goes by. It won't get worse, it's just not as steady and stable as V3. When it does, I don't think anybody will use V3.

Hoang Le

 

Share this post


Link to post

No OOM and scenery to the end of the horizon!

 

I don't really know what people expect from v4..... a whole new sim?

Share this post


Link to post

I think you can level the same complaints against P3Dv4 as people were against FSW, the visuals look identical, but it's also to be expected.  It would be difficult to tell the difference between FSX and P3Dv4.  With the 32-bit restrictions removed it's now up to companies like ORBX to start to improve the visuals.  

Having just installed P3Dv4 and then ORBX FTX, OpenLU Europe and England along with AS2016 it's starting to look pretty good, even with the default aircraft and airports i am now seeing close to 4Gb used.  The main thing is mentioned above by Stefan, LOD is now set on ultra, scenery all the way as far as i can see.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now