Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Confused about 747 P3Dv3/4 installers

I installed for P3DV4 last night and although it took a long time, it was successful.  This morning I decided to install for P3DV3 but that was no longer an option.  The installer gave me the normal "repair" or "remove" options.  My V3 and V4 installations on on separate disks.  How do I install for P3DV3?

Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

9 minutes ago, drdickie said:

I installed for P3DV4 last night and although it took a long time, it was successful.  This morning I decided to install for P3DV3 but that was no longer an option.  The installer gave me the normal "repair" or "remove" options.  My V3 and V4 installations on on separate disks.  How do I install for P3DV3?

Thanks.

You need to uninstall v3 of the 747 and redownload the installer from the PMDG website. It is a completely new package which is what you have to redownload instead of updating

Brian Swintal

I did all that last night before installing to P3DV4, just as Robert outlined.  Last night, I had the option to install to both V3 and V4 and chose just V4.  Now I do not see the option to install to V3.

Update. I ran the installer again choosing "repair" and it actually installed for P3Dv3.  However, all of the 747 panels were black and the keyboard was inactive.  So, I uninstalled everything using the Windows uninstaller, restarted, and ran the installer again.  This time, it gave me both choices so I installed V3 and V4 at the same time.  Went rather quickly compared to last night.  And, now, both aircraft seem to be performing as usual.  The landing lights are working (reported in another post that they were not).  I guess the lesson is to just let the installer do its thing.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, drdickie said:

I did all that last night before installing to P3DV4, just as Robert outlined.  Last night, I had the option to install to both V3 and V4 and chose just V4.  Now I do not see the option to install to V3.

Again, as mentioned both in that post, and here:

You must uninstall everything before getting the option to install into one, or both. The reason you had the option last night is that it was an initial install. The reason you don't now is that you already have it installed and the installer is programmed to only fix/repair the version that exists (though if it installed into P3Dv3, that sounds like you also have a registry error).

Either way: if you want to install into any other version of P3D outside of where you have it installed: uninstall, then run the installer.

Kyle Rodgers