Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03JUN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II now available in Prepar3D v4

Captains,

A few moments ago, we published our first x64 update to the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II.

Updates the 747 within our Prepar3D product line so that you can use it in either Prepar3D v3 or Prepar3D v4.  I am going to refrain from my usual excessive wordiness in order to make sure a few points get seen under your noses:

THESE NOTES ARE IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THEM:

• This is a complete product and installer rebuild, thus requiring that you download the entire 1.2GB installer anew from your PMDG eCommerce account.  I will include the installation instructions a bit lower down for those who need them.
  • As of this version, we are still awaiting a x64 compatible RAAS module from Bryan York at JetExpress/FS2Crew.  He will provide it to us when it is ready, and we will push it to you via a microupdate a bit later on.  RAAS works normally in P3D v3, but it does NOT work in P3D v4. 
  • Saved flights are not currently portable between our 32bit FSX/FSX-SE/P3Dv3 offerings and the P3D v4 product line.  We are looking to address this for a future update, so for now do not attempt to move saved flights back and forth between 32 and 64 bit product lines and you won't have any problems. 

Other than these warnings, you should find that the Prepar3D v4 edition of the 747-400 is a much smoother operating product thanks in part to the advancements Lockheed Martin has achieved with their simulation platform.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

• Go to www.precisionmanuals.com and log in to your PMDG eCommerce account.
  • Click on VIEW PREVIOUS ORDERS
  • locate your order record for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II for Prepar3D.
  • Click on the download link, and await the download of the 747-400 in 1.2GB of digital glory...
  • If you have the Prepar3D v3 version currently installed, uninstall it now.  (Yes, you must.)
  • Run your new installer.  If you have only one version of Prepar3D installed, it will offer to install for that version.  If you have both Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4 installed, it will offer you the option to choose which version(s) you would like to install.
  • Complete the installation.
  • The Operations center will update itself at the conclusion of the installation, and then it will run and offer you the ability to repair your livery installations.

The ship is now yours, Captain- go have fun!

Quick note for FSX/FSX-SE users:  We will be pushing an update to bring the FSX version of this product up to a matching standard with the Prepar3D v3/v4 version, but it might be a day or two as we are a bit overwhelmed with all of the moving pieces we have on our hands this weekend...  Stay tuned to the Operations Center for your update!

• Upvote 26

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for your hard work everyone at PMDG!

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Yes thank you

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Thank you  Capt. Robert,

Jerry Friz near KSEA

9 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Run your new installer.  If you have only one version of Prepar3D installed, it will offer to install for that version.  If you have both Prepar3D v3 and Prepar3D v4 installed, it will offer you the option to choose which version(s) you would like to install.

Are we allowed to have both instances of the 747 installed or do we have to choose P3Dv3 or v4?

i hope my licence is not blocked as i forogt to disable it when i uninstalled p3d V3.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

1 minute ago, AirCanada235 said:

Are we allowed to have both instances of the 747 installed or do we have to choose P3Dv3 or v4?

Yes, you are allowed to have both!

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Don't have V4 yet (still waiting) but thank you for getting this out so fast.  Amazing how quick things are moving these days!!

• Upvote 1

YES!! YOU ARE AWESOME PMDG!

Have a nice weekend. I know 777 will be entered the test on Monday. Before that, I hope you have enough rests!

I really appreciated your tremendous effort for bringing this masterpiece 747 to our community! PMDG never disappoint us, I know that!

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

5 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

Dave,

You sure may.  The goal was to give you as much flexibility as possible.  Hope that helps.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

4 minutes ago, AirCanada235 said:

You can install to either one separately or both simultaneously, just like the FSX/FSX:SE installer.

4 minutes ago, 331BK said:

i hope my licence is not blocked as i forogt to disable it when i uninstalled p3d V3.

You don't have to deactivate to reinstall a sim, just if you're formatting your HD or adding major new hardware. You should be fine and not even have to reactivate in v4.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Good times.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I reinstalled my whole OS for V4.

sfo_a320.png