Sign in to follow this  
hugopiugo

Chaseplane Performance

Hi,

I used the Ezdok 1.18, but when I saw Chaseplane I knew eventually I was going to buy it.

And today I did. My biggest fear: Perfomance, since I don't have the best PC.

It does feel that it consumes more FPS than the old Ezdok (not a huge difference though). Is it from my head? (since it was my biggest fear ahah) Or is it something I can do to boost FPS with Chaseplane?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't compare it to Ezdock but it works well for me. I have monitored CPU consumption with Chaseplane and there is some overhead associated with it but it is Geary little and I don't think it should impact your frames noticeably 

Remember to let fluidity of your sim be the judging factor and not so much fps. Also watch your settings as they can take a modest PC down quickly 

Joe

actually, although it doesn't seem like that, I'm really not that kind of guy that counts every FPS ahah

But I felt the sim less fluent with chaseplane, and too I monitored the FPS, and it's like 3 FPS of difference. But I'm going to change the settings and see why the fluidity changed.

Thanks

I have not problems.

Outstanding application.

Mark

• Upvote 1

i bought yesterday! it's amazing! makes life easier :) 

• Upvote 1

I also get higher CPU usage than EZdok. Now most users maybe don't care but if you really want to squeeze out your CPU power, 5% more than EZdok is considerable consumption and I get less smooth panning around with CP. I really like CP's developer though and his dedication to make it perfect is admirable. CP is still in Alpha stage, so more optimizations will come. I keep swapping them every now and then to check if CP has improved, but until now Ezdok performs better for me.

4 hours ago, hugopiugo said:

actually, although it doesn't seem like that, I'm really not that kind of guy that counts every FPS ahah

But I felt the sim less fluent with chaseplane, and too I monitored the FPS, and it's like 3 FPS of difference. But I'm going to change the settings and see why the fluidity changed.

Thanks

3FPS from 100FPS base or 30FPS base? It is huge difference