Sign in to follow this  
Agent X20

Does anyone else feel ill using V4?

Let me preface this question by stating many new LED screens, and late 9 series and 10 series video cards don't agree with me, and cause eye strain and headaches. This is _not_ a function of refresh rates. There's something about how the backlights function and pixels are rendered that don't agree with me. I'm not alone in this (see http://ledstrain.org, and big threads on the apple forums about people unable to use macbooks) and frankly it's a bummer. Oh and yeah I had my eyes checked, wear glasses etc.

My current GPU, an Nvidia 970, coupled with CFL backlight LCD screens work PERFECTLY for me. I can fly P3DV3, Xplane 11, FSX Steam, Rise of Flight for hours with no problems. The same can be said for titles like Farcry 3,4, & Primal, Wildlands, Anno 2070, and loads more besides.

BUT P3DV4 is off somehow and makes me feel ill, perhaps better described as seasick. This is despite excellent frame rates 40-100, and having tried a bunch of settings. I cannot put my finger on what's wrong. Whatever it is is subtle.

I'm largely resigned to sticking with P3DV3 (with a big investment in scenery, aircraft and utilities) and looking way out to V5, while spending more time in XPlane. I'm disappointed, but there's life in V3 yet right?

Still, I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with V4?

Is it because you have so many frame? The experience is so fluid you're getting legitimate motion sickness. 

No such issues here, to me it feels just like v3.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

27 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

Is it because you have so many frame? The experience is so fluid you're getting legitimate motion sickness. 

I think this with ChasePlane small head movements could give motion sickness.

Are you positive this is only P3DV4 related ? Could also be need of rest, hungover or whatever.

Otherwise, I urge you to consult with a doctor if you feel sick when using a software. There might be something else involved.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

I was sick for having to once again shell out more $$ for v4. :anonymose:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

42 minutes ago, kurtb said:

i feel sick if i look at this post

Hahahah post of the day!!!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

This topic is obviously going nowhere. Locked.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals