Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Sing yourself better...

Completely unrelated to flight sims, but... As most of you know, I got really ill recently and spent a lot of time in hospital. Thankfully I'm out now and slowly getting back to work, did my first couple of days training for someone last week. And am back at it next week, so evidently improving.

Anyway, one of the things which was also affected by that illness, was my ability to sing and play guitar (which I do in local venues fairly often), because having a collapsed lung makes you out of breath, so singing is damn near impossible, and being in hospital meant I'd not touched any musical instruments for a long time either. So, I've been having the odd go at singing and playing as my breathing has improved a bit, it's still not up to full strength, so being able to sing is still somewhat affected and to check on progress, I recorded how good (or more likely bad) I was what with the illness, nevertheless I thought I'd give you all a laugh with one of my attempts at it whilst still not fully well. Normally I do my own songs, but on this occasion, it's a cover version. You can hear from this why I regrettably had to turn down singing at a fundraiser gig for the victims of the Manchester Arena Ariana Grande bombing the other week. I've still got a bit of a way to go lol..

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Better than most Britain's got Talent entries! Interesting microphone effect/ reverb/echo.. You sounded a tiny bit like Gary Numan here and there (no disrespect to you or Gary!) Are you a better pilot than him? LOL.

Here's to a full recovery, Alan. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

To be fair to old Gazza Numan, he's been much maligned as a pilot with the newspaper s incorrectly reporting him crash landing a plane he wasn't even piloting as I recall. I remember chatting to him at Barton Airshow years ago and certainly didn't come across as a poor pilot to me that day from our conversation, and when was flying a T6 a little later that day, it sure looked to me like he was a good stick n rudder dude, demonstrating some very good formation flying.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Excellent, Alan. I play guitar myself so I really appreciate anyone that can write a song. Songwriting is just something I was never any good at.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

Excellent, Alan. I play guitar myself so I really appreciate anyone that can write a song. Songwriting is just something I was never any good at.

It's like anything, you have to just do it a lot to get better at it, and you really will if you do that. My first stabs at writing songs were fairly garbage, but I've probably written a couple of hundred of them over the years and every once in a while I manage something which I can be fairly proud of. Here's one of mine that I quite like, not my best song, but fairly typical of the kind of stuff I write these days:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Thanks for setting me straight about Gazza. Nice song, mate! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)