Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Now a question for the 737 Pilots!

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I have certainly noticed the "floating effect" of the PMDG 737NGX at times, but I have also noticed a few heavy landings in my time!! It feels very realistic to me. I don't have the FSL A320 to compare it with, but the comparison to the Majestic Dash 8Q-400 is striking. That aircraft most definitely does not float during the flare :blink:

That emphasis on not floating sounds like there may have been a hard landing or two there eh? lol

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

My landings are mostly very good, with only a handful of "heavy" landings in the mix. The "floating effect" has resulted in some slightly longer than planned rollouts (I apply thrust reversers and spoilers down to 70 knots, and then manual brakes after that; this is so that I do not stop too quickly, and also because I like hearing the thrust reversers), but I have always managed to stop in time :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

19 hours ago, busdriver said:

Put the upwind aileron into wind (if required) and nail the centter line with rudder inputs.

Thank you for explaining this so thoroughly. So no rudder input until the main gear has touched down?

31 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

My landings are mostly very good, with only a handful of "heavy" landings in the mix. The "floating effect" has resulted in some slightly longer than planned rollouts (I apply thrust reversers and spoilers down to 70 knots, and then manual brakes after that; this is so that I do not stop too quickly, and also because I like hearing the thrust reversers), but I have always managed to stop in time :smile:

The floating effect is my biggest enemy when landing at KSNA. Longer rollouts than planned are a bit risky. Every time on final I feel my heart rate go up and I get sweaty hands :)

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD