Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

Beaver State Question

Hi,

I have almost exclusively flown A2A offerings but am finding the Beaver interesting but I do have a coupe quick questions

1) Does the Beaver maintain its current state after saving...ie could I land it at one airport, save it then start up the sim again and expect to find it in the condition that I left it

2) How does the quality in general compare to A2A offerings

Thanks for any input.

Kind Regards,

Brett

We don't do persistence or garages.

Someone will have else will have to deal with the (very subjective) second subject.

That said, at 20$ less...  it's deffo a LOT cheaper (and offers more than their base package does).

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I have found that in general the a/c is however I left it whenever I re-launch FSX or P3D. Then again, I do have a registered FSUIPC that will always save my current a/c as "Previous Flight" and that may well be why... :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 6/17/2017 at 0:14 PM, BrettT said:

2) How does the quality in general compare to A2A offerings

the modeling and texturing are superlative, looks fantastic inside and out. nice options for cargo or passenger loads, strap a canoe on the float version, etc.

systems are pretty much complete and have some complexity like needing to hand pump the fuel pressure and prime the engine for starts, and start procedure reacting to atmospheric conditions like extreme cold. 

flight model seems pretty good, i'm not an expert so i can't really comment to it's accuracy, it hand flies and trims out nicely though. i think taking off from the floats is a little strange as it kind of sticks to the water and won't get any lift until you get some 20-25mph higher than you need on land which seems a little weird. there is some ongoing discussion on their forums about a few of these issues, by people who are much more knowledgeable than i, so i wouldn't be surprised if they fix things up a little more. they seem to issue patches and updates to many of their aircraft on a regular basis.

the main place it doesn't reach A2A level is the engine modeling...both in performance and sounds.. compared to the wasp in the T-6 it feels like mainly just default engine model and a looped sound. it seems polished and well developed, the numbers seem like they are correct (i have not thoroughly investigated this,) but some of the stuff like the responsiveness to mixture changes just doesn't have that same level of detail.

as pointed out, it's a bit cheaper than the typical A2A. of course i would gladly pay an extra $20 to get that engine modeling. i wish A2A would license out their tech :)  .

overall i'm pleased with it. definitely feels like an upgrade from the default or aerosoft ones. one nitpick is that fps is maybe a little lower than i would have expected, it's good but not great, with those other ones i got kinda used to having great frames when bush flying...i suppose that's the tradeoff for having the more detailed systems.. and any concerns about this must also take with a grain of salt as i have a 5 year old computer which is basically an antique these days heh.

cheers,-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys for the very detailed information.  The Beaver is very enticing though I think I am going to hold off a little bit which should not be taken as a knock on the Beaver.....just me being a little less impulsive.