Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

A word of caution about creating flight plans in Carenado's Phenom 100

Hi, all,

Some of you may have gotten the news that Carenado has released six planes with P3DV4 installers.  One of these is the Phenom 100. If you try to create a flight plan from scratch in the Prodigy 1000 you may run into a problem.  The first item in the flight plan should be your departure airport. If you fail to put that in the plan, the first leg will be missing. However, when I try to do that, the sim CTD's every time.  The good news is that I found a work around. Simply enter all the waypoints in your plan except the departure airport.  Then when you are done, move the cursor up to your first waypoint and enter the ident code of your departure. You will find that your first waypoint gets moved down one, and then your departure airport appears at the top, and the complete plan is now intact.  Hope this helps.

As a side note, some folks complained about the landing light effectivness of this bird in FSX.  I,  too, found it seriously lacking.  Last night I made a nighttime approach to LVFR's KSAN RWY 9.  I am pleased to report that the landing lights light up not only the runway quite effectively, but also the whole neighborhood on the approach path.  I think it's a little overdone, but I'd rather have too much light than too little :  )

Regards.

Tom

Can't wait for the GTN750 to be released in 64 bit. On the Phenom 300 for P3Dv1-3 I used it rather than the 1000. Far prefer it.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 6/18/2017 at 4:18 PM, Murfman said:

Some of you may have gotten the news that Carenado has released six planes with P3DV4 installers.  One of these is the Phenom 100. If you try to create a flight plan from scratch in the Prodigy 1000 you may run into a problem.  The first item in the flight plan should be your departure airport. If you fail to put that in the plan, the first leg will be missing. However, when I try to do that, the sim CTD's every time.  The good news is that I found a work around. Simply enter all the waypoints in your plan except the departure airport.  Then when you are done, move the cursor up to your first waypoint and enter the ident code of your departure. You will find that your first waypoint gets moved down one, and then your departure airport appears at the top, and the complete plan is now intact.  Hope this helps.

Same problem except I load the flightplan thru P3Dv4's Flight Planner. If I add a waypoint to the existing plan I immediately get a CTD. Same for when I add a procedure into the destination airport. CTD.

You don't happen to be running AS2016 for P3Dv4 do you? Pretty sure this wasn't happening until I updated to the Beta 2 for AS2016. Also, I have AS2016 configured to show the flightplan on the map which might be the problem if I make a change or add to it.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

No, Jay, I haven't installed AS 2016 yet, although I do have it.  Good luck!

Tom

I am having the same error.  I thought that it was an issue with the Navigraph Expansion or possibly that I use fsareodata.  I disabled fsareodata and it does not make a difference.  This is the CTD error message that I get:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: symmap.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a71d6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000031aa9
Faulting process id: 0x2514
Faulting application start time: 0x01d320d977236037
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\symmap.dll
Report Id: 006b5692-83ad-49c2-9082-1ccb7590bab3
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Having the same exact issue with the Phenom 300. Carenado recently released (two days ago) an updated Navigraph installer. That resolved the symmap.dll CTD and now I can enter waypoints and origin/dest fields without a CTD. But any time I try to select a PROC, I get a CTD and the dlls vary. Frustrating to say the least.

I get the same problem as described by Murfman--very frustrating.  So what I'd love to know is, is Carenado working on the problem?  

Hi there,

Don't know if there is some solution arround, but I got the same problem. First entering departure, then arrival. Latest when I try to enter additional waypoints i got a CTD. From time to time I got a CTD even when loading the Phenom.

Phenom 100, Navigraph extension, latest AIRAC installed, P3DV4, WIN10.

CARENADO has done a good job creating good planes. Therefore it's a bit sad that there are so many micro bugs within the Phenom. (OK, regular CTD is a major issue...)

Regards

Alex

This was fixed in the latest release of P3DV4.1.  LM indicated it was there problem and not Carenado's.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 11/15/2017 at 0:42 AM, Jim Young said:

This was fixed in the latest release of P3DV4.1.  LM indicated it was there problem and not Carenado's.

Best regards,

Jim

Well it turns out it wasn't fixed at all, not even in P3D 4.2 because I just got a symmap.dll error in P3D 4.2 with the Carenado King Air 350i at cruise FL330.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: symmap.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c828f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000032791
Faulting process id: 0x30e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a5cb72dd111b
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D V4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Prepar3D V4\symmap.dll
Report Id: 15fe4227-cd01-41c9-96ee-f31829edc09a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Thanks,

/Erik Calmfors

It was fixed for me.  Not sure why you are having issues.  Sorry to hear you are still having problems.  It's a frustrating CTD but it must fixable as I and many others no longer have this crash.  In the P3D dll.xml (one of the two installed), does the entry for Carenado link to the 64 bit version?  Think their installer points it to the 32 bit version.  Also, disable the CMeteoXml entry if it is in the dll.xml as it does not always work and causes CTD's.  This should not cause the error you got but it does cause crashes.  Did you upgrade the aircraft to v4.2 back about 5 months ago?

I would like to add that Carenado stated it would be fixed with the release of P3Dv4.1 and LM indicated they were aware of the problem and it would be fixed then.  I have flown the Phenom 300 since the release of 4.2 and so far do not see any crashes.  In fact, I have not seen that particular crash since the release of 4.1 and I have not seen it reported since the release of 4.1 so you obviously have a problem particular to your computer and installation of the products.  Hope you can figure it out.  I doubt Carenado or LM will release any additional fixes for this issue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10