Sign in to follow this  
beechcaptain

Great first flight in P3Dv4 but one question

I had an excellent experience with P3Dv4 flying the A2A C172, using ENVTEX, PTA, Active Sky 4, and Radar Contact 4, from Memphis KNQA Millington to KHOT Hot springs.  Smooth as silk!!! 

The only problem I had (nothing major) was the RC4 window was a semitransparent green.  Anyone experience this?  If so, any way to make it purely transparent like it is in P3Dv3.4 and FSX?  I have FSUIPC5 and posted the question over at Pete Dawson's forum as well. 

P3Dv4 is going to keep getting better and better as time progresses and more addons get up to speed with 64bit.

Clear skies!

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

59 minutes ago, beechcaptain said:

I had an excellent experience with P3Dv4 flying the A2A C172, using ENVTEX, PTA, Active Sky 4, and Radar Contact 4, from Memphis KNQA Millington to KHOT Hot springs.  Smooth as silk!!! 

The only problem I had (nothing major) was the RC4 window was a semitransparent green.  Anyone experience this?  If so, any way to make it purely transparent like it is in P3Dv3.4 and FSX?  I have FSUIPC5 and posted the question over at Pete Dawson's forum as well. 

P3Dv4 is going to keep getting better and better as time progresses and more addons get up to speed with 64bit.

Clear skies!

This sounds like a PTA thing, there are various PTA tweaks that can make you scenery/or aircraft greenish, reddish or blueish.  

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

3 minutes ago, pracines said:

Not a PTA thing - see the FSUIPC manual

When is in the FSUIPC manual says that the glass windows can be tinted? 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

My RC window is the same as yours. Figured that was just the way it was...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Restore you default shader in the PTA UI and check if still has the tinted window, if it does then that is the way it is.

1 hour ago, angeli662 said:

When is in the FSUIPC manual says that the glass windows can be tinted? 

There is no glass window - 

From the FSUIPC MANUAL page 8 :

FSUIPC5 is intended to provide support for a message window in the style of the in-built P3D ATC window. This will display
only multi-line messages sent to FSUIPC5, such as (and particularly) the Radar Contact menu window. Currently, because of
the lack of facilities which are hoped to be forthcoming, the Message Windows are merely making use of the ATIS scroll bar
in P3D4
, though this can still display multiple lines and be sized and undocked as required. It is hoped to rectify this deficiency
as P3D4 develops.

Ah, forgot to RTFM for FSUIPCv5.  Guess I was thinking v4 which I have printed and in a binder nearby.  Doh!!!

Thanks for the input!

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

How were you able to get RC4 working.  I am trying to get it functioning with P3D v4.  Upgraded to FSUIPC5.  RC4 is able to connect to P3D but once it does (I have the same green box), I am not able to contact clearance or hear anything.  In fact, when I press "1" to tune clearance, it says "standby" and then switches me to ground.  Still without hearing any communication.  What did you do to actually get it working?  Thanks so much for the help!

Seth

On 8/2/2017 at 1:34 PM, njuser said:

How were you able to get RC4 working.  I am trying to get it functioning with P3D v4.  Upgraded to FSUIPC5.  RC4 is able to connect to P3D but once it does (I have the same green box), I am not able to contact clearance or hear anything.  In fact, when I press "1" to tune clearance, it says "standby" and then switches me to ground.  Still without hearing any communication.  What did you do to actually get it working?  Thanks so much for the help!

Seth

I just ran it and it worked with v4...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)