Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Crash to blue screen using both P3Dv4 and XP11....

I figured I would post about this strange issue in here since it is something that has never happened before.  I have flown P3Dv4 for a total of about 20 hours without issue and I had a sudden PC crash to blue screen while on the ground at FB KSFO the other night.  I had only done a quick takeoff and approach in the PMDG 777 and was taxiing in when it occurred.  I did not catch the error message on the blue screen though.  I successfully flew another 7 hours since then without issue so I did not think much of it and figured it was a fluke.  I recently installed XP11 as well and within the first hour of flying I had the same exact issue where the PC just freezes and goes to the BSOD.  This time, the message indicated STOP CODE: System_Service_Exception and then stated that FLTMGR.SYS had failed.  I've tried to do a general search online but haven't been able to come up with anything.  My system is fairly new and I did recently add an additional 16mb of RAM (same type/speed) shortly before P3Dv4 was released for a total of 32GB.  I'm running the latest Windows 10 version and my specs are below in my sig.  Just wondered if any of the smart minds here had any ideas!!??:mellow:  Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'm fairly convinced this is a hardware/drivers issue here. Mostly hardware related issues cause a BSOD as they are interacting directly with the hardware. Make sure your drivers are up to date, and that if you are overclocking, try lowering your settings a bit, and test with prime95 to ensure you have a stable overclock.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1. Remove the newly added RAM modules. Test the system for with the same apps. If there is no problem go to 2.

2. Add back the new RAM, one module at a time and test the system again, making sure that the modules are seated properly in the slots.

You can also try the built-in  Windows memtest utility as a first step.

5 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

I'm fairly convinced this is a hardware/drivers issue here. Mostly hardware related issues cause a BSOD as they are interacting directly with the hardware. Make sure your drivers are up to date, and that if you are overclocking, try lowering your settings a bit, and test with prime95 to ensure you have a stable overclock.

Thanks, only my SoundBlaster driver needed to be updated, the rest seem ok.  My PC is overclocked (Jetline) but not sure I want to mess with that at the moment (I don't know how!).

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

1. Remove the newly added RAM modules. Test the system for with the same apps. If there is no problem go to 2.

2. Add back the new RAM, one module at a time and test the system again, making sure that the modules are seated properly in the slots.

You can also try the built-in  Windows memtest utility as a first step.

I did run the Windows memory check after I had the crash and it showed no issues.  I will try to remove the new modules and see what happens...if I can figure out which 2 are the new ones!!:blink:  Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11