Sign in to follow this  
capt.arab

Help p3d settings

hi guys,,

i was wondering if anyone can really help me since i have been straggling with my pc and keep on upgrading till i have got this:

• CPU Core i7700K @4.20GHz
  • RAM: 32.0 GB
  • system windows 10 64bit
  • GPU: MSI 1080ti Gaming 

using Prepare3d v3

Addons:

• PMDG 737 and 777
  • GSX
  • FTX  central 2
  • Active sky next 
  • Rex texture with soft clouds
  • rex HD airport
  • pro- atc x

i was wondering how can i know my maximum performance and quality with this setup with gaining much FPS and minimum lags or crash. 

and if anyone can help me with available setting.

i haven't use any overclocks to CPU or GPU 

Thnx 

I have a very similar system to yours other than the motherboard brand which mine is Asus as is the 1080ti which is the OC Ti version.

For my system, in bios I set optimized default settings which will only run my 7700K up to 4.5 at about 1.28 to 1.31 volts but it runs great and stays at 60-70 degrees with an AIO water cooler.  I also had to turn off XMP in bios due to it crashing P3D.  I don't overclock my system due to the ASUS 5 way optimization blowing up my previous 6700K when it was running it at over 1.45 volts for a 4.7 overclock.  (Thanks to INTEL they replaced it anyway under warranty).  So I now have a spare processor just in case.

In the P3D cfg I only add an affinity mask tweak of 245 with HT on for my processor.  I run a 4K monitor at 30hz with vsync on and unlimited frames in P3D along with triple buffering.  4096 textures with MSAA at 8x and AF at 16X.

Autogen draw distance is very high, Autogen building density is dense as is Autogen vegetation.  Detailed terrain texture box is checked.  Scenery complexity is at Very Dense or basically one notch below max.  Tesselation max, LOD max, Terrain resolution is at 15 and mesh resolution is at 5.

Shadow quality is high while shadow draw is ultra.  Cloud coverage is max with max draw at 90.  (use AS4).  No traffic whatsovever so I cant comment on those settings.

I run FSDT, FB, and Flytampa airports and am able to maintain 30 so far in all situations with PMDG 747 and 777 so I'm pretty much satisfied with my setup.  YMMV so just test and see how your system performs. 

Good luck setting your system up.  Took me about 2 weeks to find the sweet spot for mine as each system is different.

• Upvote 1

Sean Green

There isn't really a magic bullet.

I found by far the biggest hitters are Speed Trees (dynamic vegetation) and dynamic lighting. I'd suggest turning off dynamic vegetation, that's 10fps right there.

Add ons like PMDG require dynamic lighting for the lights to work properly so that's a bit harder to work round. That said, I did find that it hits your fps worse if you combine dynamic lighting with supersampling AA. Switching to multisampling easily got me my frames back when in a dynamic lighting scenario.

In my relatively limited experience with P3D so far, it's a lot easier to adjust settings and see the benefits than it is in FSX. I haven't even had to touch the cfg file.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

The thing i am trying my best to find the best maximum quality and performance or should i get another MSI 1080 ti and do the SLI