Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Hot, High, & Short – Summer Fun in Central Idaho (July 15)

Eureka in spades! What threw me was than none of the paints have a texture.cfg and I have Jeff's very own set of paints!

Thank you Mike, a sanity saver.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

18 hours ago, MM said:

Mile_Hi_Airstrip_Idaho_400.jpg

Should you have a strong need to waste time, you might like to see some videos that show landings at the airstrips that Jeff has selected. Some preparation might be advised. Many of these films are fairly interesting and certainly provide some hints about how to set up your approaches. The compilation of descriptions and links is available from my DropBox account here.

Great video selections Mike!   Well worth watching.  The video of the C-47 hauling equipment into Flying B Ranch was a great find.  It also features Sabre's taxing at Boise and a Ford Tri-motor at Flying B.  Fantastic. 

Found this video from Back Country Aviation on Short Field Take Off that might be worth watching.

Backcountry Aviation's STOL Tips: (The Takeoff)

Looks like the Cessna Skywagon will be popular according to the spreadsheet so here a two more quick video links featuring the mighty 185:

SkyWagon Takeoff from Lower Loon

Cessna 185 Skywagon Takeoff - Awesome sound!

• Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Brilliant videos. Actually quite helpful in my aeronautical studies. :happy:

1 potato 2 potato, or is it tiddlywinks? Maybe - 1 pee three dee 2 pee three dee LOL 

"Unless you own a Carbon Cub or some other crazy experimental" <--- That's some good stuff right there! :uwe_merm:

It's all ball bearings now a days!
https://youtu.be/Hjsfs49SRbc

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Great Videos, thanks Jeff and Mike!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

More information than you want. Mountain Flying LLC is a website dedicated in the memory of Sparky Imeson. Lots of information and tips about mountain flying. Of particular interest are his notes on several of the airstrips that Jeff has thoughtfully placed on our menu.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Indeed, lots of useful and interesting information. 

I tried some of the very useful hints on the Maule in P3D V3 and V4 at some of today's strips. A nice plane but extremely underpowered. No fun to fly the plane in the backcountry. I had the impression that the Maule was even worse in V4. I had almost no runway left when the airspeed indicator came to live, very unrealistic. 

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

9 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

the Maule was even worse in V4. I had almost no runway left when the airspeed indicator came to live, very unrealistic. 

Yes.  I was very disappointed in the Maule.  I think the flight model is badly broken.  I had thought about posting on the P3D forums about it.  It's a shame, I would likely have chosen it for the better visibility if it had realistic performance.

P3D Scenery Notam:  Some of the forest textures in CRM are problematic.  It is not too extensive but has been reported to Orbx.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/138240-strange-textures-at-3u2-crm-in-v4/

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

If I remember correctly, the FS9 version had a pretty good flight model, we used the plane a lot for Bush Flights in the Glacier Bay area, with some quite challenging strips. I go and dig into my files, maybe I find it again.....

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Just in case anyone's wondering, I can confirm that the RealAir Scout works just about perfectly... in P3D4 !!! :biggrin:

Ah, another P3D User! Welcome to the Club!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

BTW, our starting airport S80 has now been renamed to KGIC.. just in case you cannot find it..

Bert

1 hour ago, CavalierDuck said:

Just in case anyone's wondering, I can confirm that the RealAir Scout works just about perfectly... in P3D4 !!! :biggrin:

We'll see about that when you try to get it out of Dewey More!

P3DV4, one small step for mankind, one giant leap for Nick! :biggrin:

Postscript to Week 1.   Nice Video 

Skywagon Fly-in Johnson Creek 2016

26aLetj.png