Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Hot, High, & Short – Summer Fun in Central Idaho (July 15)

Jumping gee wilikers.  What a gong show today. Not a good way to jump into flying multiplayer after being away for so long.

I had to leave just as I was starting to find my way around. Grandkids and a hair appointment.

I have just loaded up the flight plan into GPS and grabbed the jet ranger and flew some of the area again. A lot easier in the helo.

I need to figure out how to assign planes so that everyone is visable.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Beautiful.

Near CAM3

Very nice flight yesterday, thanks Jeff!

I really like the C185 now, got the GPS installed and looking forward to next weeks flight with that airplane. I ignored it for too long I think, and thanks to Milviz' not so good version of the Beaver (very polite expression) the C185 got the attention it deserves!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Very nice flight yesterday, thanks Jeff!

DITTO!
Here's some screens of the flight, all of them on the ground - just a little too busy in the air.

One of the few times when all the paints shown correctly and Nick with the cute little AC Scout before he swapped for a 185 with a bit more power. The group getting ready for the route after a few prayers. Grangeville (S80)
SS_15Jul17_130711_N45.94239_W116.13359.j

I believe the first of a few "parts dispersals" - Ron @ Wilson Bar (ID76) after coming in opposite of the preferred end. 
SS_15Jul17_134210_N45.3968_W115.4868.jpg

Quite busy at Big Creek (U60) - Josh just arrived in the Beaver.
SS_15Jul17_140551_N45.12837_W115.32348.j

Nick with the best landing I seen (missed a few of the previous) at the infamous Dewey Moore (I99D).
SS_15Jul17_142048_N45.14988_W115.07771.j

I still don't know how Bert did it! Instead of following the valley he did a direct, "over the cliff" approach. It was a little harsh, hopefully he's inspecting the gear legs & the right tip before next week's flight.
SS_15Jul17_142339_N45.14985_W115.0777.jp

Break time before the next part of the adventure, Bryan shows up in thE T-Fiddy Bobcat.
SS_15Jul17_143201_N45.14977_W115.07766.j

A new arrival at Vines (I98D) - I believe NIck aiming for the very end. I've already recovered from the prop destroying nose over at the other end, as shown in Nick's post above. :blush:
SS_15Jul17_143836_N45.13249_W115.00084.j

The sun getting low with the valleys getting mighty dark and.... Everyone is in the "somewhat" correct paint! Fore to aft - Roman, Ron, Mike Nick & Jeff at Stanley (2U7). Part duex - next week, looking forward to it!
SS_15Jul17_161406_N44.21333_W114.93341.j

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Nice shots, thanks for sharing!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

26 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

Nice shots, thanks for sharing!

Gunter....what C185 are we all talking about?  I don' have it installed in V4?  Is this a Carenado?

Near CAM3

Hi Bryan

yes, it's the Carenado one, works fine in P3D V3 and V4.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

That flight will go down in the anals of history as one of the great ones. :laugh:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

23 hours ago, CavalierDuck said:

The carnage at Vines, Idaho this evening.... :ohmy:

Vines%20Tails%20Up.jpg?dl=1

Pretty sure this is NOT what was intended when he said to "stick the landing":smile:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

And in real life earlier this month.....

Soldier Bar Skywagon Takeoff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

There is a video that follows that one, it did for me anyway, that shows a landing at Soldier Bar (best bit at about 2:45). Once again it shows what a fantastic job Orbx has done.

Those are great videos.

And since I wondered what the heck folks did there, I googled it.

"This is a difficult, often rough Forest Service airstrip in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. Water bars extend across the runway surface to mitigate water erosion.

For those willing to brave the several-hundred feet of trail dropping into Big Creek, the airstrip provides access to excellent fishing. Watch for rattlesnakes."

Near CAM3

Let's see if I got this right:

You fly into one airstrip which is hard to find and even harder to land on (in a way that enables you for a subsequent take off), master a dangerous trail and fish in the lovely company of rattlesnakes. The you fight your way back up to the airstrip and try to take off despite water bars across the runway surface.

And then you call this a perfect day...

Great!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

26 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

And then you call this a perfect day...

It's an 'American' thing Gunter. Don't worry about it. :biggrin: