ShezA

Remote CDU/Simserver

I just downloaded and tried to unzip this file off the Library new uploads. Please be aware that I received a ransomware alert from Kaspersky AV. Not sure what others are seeing?

Shez

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I saw a download last week of an aircraft with auto-installer.  I got a message that the .exe had a Trojan.

All of our files are scanned for viruses before we upload to our servers.  False positive virus warnings are common, especially in flight simulation as the programming of a gauge or dll gets anti-virus/malware programs all excited.  I personally have my FSX/P3D Folders (okay, my whole 1 TB SSD holding FSX/P3D and most of my addons) exempt from scanning for viruses.  I know exactly where I get my files from and know they are safe.  Still I get warnings the file has some exotic sounding virus or malware.  I then have to go in and tell Windows Defender to leave me alone when i'm trying to install something like P3DV4.  If you think one of our files has a virus, go to the Library and use the contact system to tell our Library Administrator you found a virus.  Not sure why you are posting your personal issue in the FSX Forum and not letting our Library personnel know you may have an issue.  I can assure you there is no virus in any files downloaded from our Library.

Okay, apologize.  I'm cooling down.  I downloaded it and did not get any detection of any viruses when installing.  AVSIM hosts the the CDU Simserver Forums and there are active discussions in that forum -