Bobsk8

Paramotors

I watch many videos on my HDTV from Youtube and in the last few weeks am addicted to videos on paramotoring. This guy has made a bunch of videos on the subject and he is an excellent pilot. Looks like fun, if I was a few decades younger and had some extra money, I think I would be tempted to give this a try.  

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Looks like fun, if I was a few decades younger and had some extra money, I think I would be tempted to give this a try.  

According to your profile photo, I'd say that your not to old to do it, probably not that expensive to do either. Perhaps you could get a orientation ride in one if the have a two place seating configuration and see how you like it? 

I've often thought about paramotoring myself.  I've flown trikes which are quite a bit of fun although it's been several years since I've last flown one.  Flying a trike, with nothing below you except the ground, is as close to feeling like a bird in the sky as you can get.  You're one with the air and can feel every ripple of the wind as you fly.  The endurance of a single place trike is usually about an hour to an hour and a half on a five gallon tank.  The only downside are the two cycle engines which can be unreliable so you always have to be on the lookout for a landing area.  Any area with about five hundred feet of level ground will get you down safely.  I used to fly from a small strip not far from the town of Quartzite in Brenda, AZ.  I've also flown out of Double Eagle airport near Albuquerque.

John