Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Spyware found in EMB-120 freeware

The recent release of the EMB-120 twin turboprop by onlinesimulationsolutions.com is loaded with spyware. I found the "WhatWhenWhere" and the "WinFixer" spyware hidden in the program. The WinFixer can be a real bear to get rid of. Use this "freebie" at your own risk!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mr. Nameless "mdavis" since you didn't email us directly and decided to post here, we would appreciate a little help in locating the specifics.We are not some ebay startup wanna be company. We take this kind of stuff very seriously especially since all of our stuff is sitting behind a secure server with protection for files on it.Come out, come out where ever you are please.Anyone else notice anything out of the ordinary here???? Out of 5 products this would be a first.

I suggest you scan that file as an individual with a anti-virus and/or with a spyware scanner. I highly doubt jeff's company would release anything if it was infected with anything of that matter. :)

Both Jeff and I can assure everyone that there is NO spyware in the EMB 120. In-fact, it would meerly impossible for any spyware to be enbedded in our software. Like Jeff said, we have very secure servers with more than 1 anti-virus scanning software, along with a spyware scanner. All of our files are scanned on a weekly basis, and after anything is uploaded.Customer satisfaction along with customer safety is our number one priority. i myself am running 2 different Anti-virus programs along with 3 different ant-spyware programs since I am the one who see's the product last before it is uploaded to the server.In the whole time Online Simulation Solutions has been in business, we have never had any outbreaks or tainted software.Shawn AndersonSeattle, WA U.S.Ahttp://www.onlinesimulationsolutions.com/sigs/saosssig.jpg

sad isn't it how some people resort to lies in order to harm others.

Thanks J.C.,I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and will let him elaborate.What bothers me more than anything is had this been a real security issue, his posting would have opened our company server to anyone of a million people reading this post. I would have thought we have earned a little more respect than that, even if it is/was true that we had an infected file. So as I said, we'll run with the assumption that the file is tainted...lol

"The recent release of the EMB-120 twin turboprop by onlinesimulationsolutions.com is loaded with spyware. I found the "WhatWhenWhere" and the "WinFixer" spyware hidden in the program. The WinFixer can be a real bear to get rid of. Use this "freebie" at your own risk!"I suggest you get "all your ducks in a row" the next time you choose to accuse an enterprise with OSS's bona fides of having spyware in their packages. I lead a team that produces WAN packages and distributes them worldwide. I know how to scan a system for spyware that the popular tools will never find. OSS's 120 package has no spyware--period. 'Nuff said-John